Coronavirus science and statistics(no politics)

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Went to an actual business meeting today, with real humans. Very odd (but good) feeling.

Driving there, what struck me is how our brains have been entirely reconditioned to the spread of germs. Our entire lives we've picked up colds, the flu, some 'viral thing' that the doc sends you away with, but when did we ever wonder who or where we caught it from??

We just got on with things and accepted our sniffles.

When this is all over I really hope we can get back to those halycon days.
Yet my wife and I were talking only this week thats been good to have a whole year, high pollen aside, where neither of us have had the slightest sniffle at all.

Be glad to get rid of the masks but the basic hygiene stuff, like copious washing of hands, for us anyway is here to stay.

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
I agree but I also wonder how many people are starting to get colds etc and automatically panicking about covid? It‘s certainly true about my place of work.
Many, probably. But at the moment not a bad thing, if it makes them think about staying away from others or getting a test.

Saying that, we're in for a bumpy ride with colds and seasonal flu this winter. There's a firestorm brewing due to no immunity from last winter.

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
Many, probably. But at the moment not a bad thing, if it makes them think about staying away from others or getting a test.

Saying that, we're in for a bumpy ride with colds and seasonal flu this winter. There's a firestorm brewing due to no immunity from last winter.
Yup - that low immunity is one of my big concerns.

mapping

Forum Patron
Patron
Anyone read about the Chinese vaccine in the paper at the weekend? Long story short, countries who bought it giving it away claiming its "not that great"

wld

Forum Patron
Patron

Absolutely. I wonder if we’ll see a change away from people being ‘brave’ and going into work with colds etc? Whatever happens, some things have changed that are never going to change back.

mapping

Forum Patron
Patron
Hi profile cases like this are not going to help , gutted for her family and friends , lets hope the Germans are right and the vaccine can be tweaked to make it safe. edit : safer !!!!!

BBC radio presenter died after suffering blood clots following AstraZeneca vaccine, family says​

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
lol , yeah sorry , :ROFLMAO: it was obviously more in-depth and scientific than that !! Also read today German scientists have found out why,or so they think < what is causing the astra blood clots ,
Reminds me of science lessons at school.

- Introduction
- Method
- Results
- Discussion
- Conclusion: "not that great" 😂

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron

An interesting article that cropped up about this subject:

mapping

Forum Patron
Patron
Reminds me of science lessons at school.

- Introduction
- Method
- Results
- Discussion
- Conclusion: "not that great" 😂
Yeah agree , sorry 🙄 I left school at 15 and never really attended inbetween ! Will screen shot your post for reference 👍 no idea if this post even makes sence , typying on a phone with no glasses on

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Yeah agree , sorry 🙄 I left school at 15 and never really attended inbetween ! Will screen shot your post for reference 👍 no idea if this post even makes sence , typying on a phone with no glasses on
Educated in the university of life (y)

Not sure how you could use this forum on a phone though. My fat fingers couldn't cope!