Coronavirus science and statistics(no politics)

wld

Forum Patron
Patron

This study has been going on for weeks (KCL app). Interesting data....I've been reporting daily since the app was released
I‘ve been reporting too. I couldn‘t remember if I’d given my locality so I’m pleased to see they’re analysing the data by locality.

As for South Wales, wasn’t there a Manic Street Preachers (or someone like that) concert at the time of the spike?

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
I‘ve been reporting too. I couldn‘t remember if I’d given my locality so I’m pleased to see they’re analysing the data by locality.

As for South Wales, wasn’t there a Manic Street Preachers (or someone like that) concert at the time of the spike?
I believe the Manics played Cardiff around the same time that Cheltenham was allowed to go ahead

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Stereophonics wasn’t it?
14th and 15th of March in Cardiff. Capacity 5 to 7.5k.
Wales were at Twickenham the week before in front of 80,000 - train, Tube etc.
Although I didn’t get it, so far as I know.

cpnend

Manager
What I don’t understand is that there were apparently about 20,000 Irish citizens at Cheltenham but ROI doesn’t seem to have been affected by them carrying it back.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
It seems the vaccine trials might fail because there isn‘t enough of the virus in general circulation to infect the volunteers. They’re hoping to deliberately infect some volunteers with the virus to test the vaccine - any volunteers?

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
There's so much evidence out there that the reaction to coronavirus will in the long-term be far more damaging than the virus itself :(

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
There's so much evidence out there that the reaction to coronavirus will in the long-term be far more damaging than the virus itself :(
The main problem as I see it is we reacted too slowly. If we had lockdown quickly and quarantined arrivals into the country as soon as the first case was identified (or earlier even) we could have been almost fully back open now with some restrictions on travel but not much else.

They fucked up and now we are in a situation where economically and for the sake of peoples well being we need to lift restrictions when really we probably shouldn't

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
The main problem as I see it is we reacted too slowly. If we had lockdown quickly and quarantined arrivals into the country as soon as the first case was identified (or earlier even) we could have been almost fully back open now with some restrictions on travel but not much else.

They fucked up and now we are in a situation where economically and for the sake of peoples well being we need to lift restrictions when really we probably shouldn't
I'm an anti lockdowner paddy think that's evident but if you do decide lockdown is best way forward you do indeed implement as early as possible I agree. What's really puzzling me now is this quarantine from 8th June is it? Germany for instance I think quarantine was mid march and lifted last week, UK decide to do it in a few weeks time. Where is the logic?

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
I'm an anti lockdowner paddy think that's evident but if you do decide lockdown is best way forward you do indeed implement as early as possible I agree. What's really puzzling me now is this quarantine from 8th June is it? Germany for instance I think quarantine was mid march and lifted last week, UK decide to do it in a few weeks time. Where is the logic?
I was amazed when they announced it as I figured that it had already been done when lockdown was implemented. It's mental.

OP
J

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
OP
J

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron

More and more people are asking this question - it is something that needs answering, one way or the other, as quickly as possible.
I've lost track of the antibody test, there was something about the UK ordering lots at some point last month but did they find one that was reliable(or less flaky at least) in the end?

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron