Coronavirus - work impact

What impact has Coronavirus lockdown had on your work status?

• Employed(incl Self Employed) No impact - worked through with no change

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Employed(incl Self Employed) Minor impact - worked through with some changes i.e. Work From Home

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Employed(incl Self Employed) Major impact - worked through but with major changes i.e. reduced hours

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Employed(incl Self Employed) - shutdown/unable to work

• Furloughed - ready to go back, but employer/work not reopened

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Furloughed - employer/work re-opening, due back shortly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Furloughed - employer/work re-opened, but not going back for medical/personal reasons

• Furloughed - don't wish to go back yet for medical/personal reasons, employer/work not reopened

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Furloughed - not sure if employer/work will reopen

• Made Redundant (due to Coronavirus impact or general economic reasons)

• Wasn't working pre-lockdown (incl sickness/unemployed/parental leave/carer etc)

• Retired

• Other

• Had to transfer to Balmoral

• Total voters

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Based on a conversation on the other thread. If people are willing, what state are people now in work wise given what's happened. All anonymous unless people want to add details but how big an impact has it had on peoples work.

I know many people have shared their circumstances already and it's only a point in time thing, but there are lots of stories and be interested to know where people are at now as we move into Phase 3 or whatever it's called

Will add some poll options but any glaring omissions please say and will try and add

Guest.

Forum Patron
Patron
All key workers here, The Mrs did start another job on 1st April where she is working from home, She has not worked in her actual building yet and looks like she will be at home for a while at the moment. Just hope she doesn’t get furloughed though as she will get nothing due to when she started (if that is still the case with starting in April?)She still does care work at weekend though.

Nobby_Troutface

Forum Patron
Patron
Furloughed, but don't wish to go back yet as my job gets me in quite a bit of unavoidable contact with lots of people.
I work all over the country and stay in hotels.

I don't wish to take the risk just yet.

The company I work for is closed for the duration at the moment though, so that decision is taken out of my hands at the minute.

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
Based on a conversation on the other thread. If people are willing, what state are people now in work wise given what's happened. All anonymous unless people want to add details but how big an impact has it had on peoples work.

I know many people have shared their circumstances already and it's only a point in time thing, but there are lots of stories and be interested to know where people are at now as we move into Phase 3 or whatever it's called

Will add some poll options but any glaring omissions please say and will try and add
You missed off furloughed but I’m a sponger for kingpne, he seems to think that most are.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
20% reduction in salary and in theory hours too so major impact (im still working full time hours through necessity

Winkytinky

Forum Patron
Patron
Option 1 for me, aside from being ill and having just over 2 weeks off my hours have actually increased massively due to staff shortages and me being in a position where I have childcare covered (youngest 2 have been staying with my parents since this started) so I can do more. We're always pushed to do more hours as it is but I stand my ground and work around what I can manage with the kids, my worry is when we start getting back to some sort of normal and kids are back home they'll be expecting/pressuring me into doing the same sort of hours I'm doing atm.

Karcist

Manager
I`ve voted `Employed with major impact, including reduced hours`, but note that there is no obvious category for those ( of which there will be many, including the NHS) for those who had a major increase in hours and days worked.

Cooper

Reserve
I work 4 days at home Monday to Thursday and i go in to work on a Friday, Friday has become my favourite day of the week as i can speak to my work pals in person rather than through a video call.