PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Covid 19 - counter arguments

You know what it's about, you just won't answer the question. Did you notice that justice was done yesterday with the three white dudes who went down for shooting the black guy. Things are not as bad as you would have us believe. Oh and a mostly white jury. (was it 11-1, not sure about that)
I put it on the appropriate thread, my friend.

But this line of reasoning just makes no sense.

What are you proposing - abandon the vaccination program (as per all the false rumours in Japan), in favour of letting everyone catch Covid then treating them with Ivermectin?

If a mix of dietary advice, Vit D and other supplements and treatment with ivermectin works why wouldn't we ?
We'll never know now if that would works..
The fact that the government isn't interested in improving the general health of the population tells it own story.

I've heard Covid described as a medical crisis brought on by a combination of Vit D deficiency in the general population coming up against a new virus.

What do you make of this ?

If a mix of dietary advice, Vit D and other supplements and treatment with ivermectin works why wouldn't we ?
The fact that the government isn't interested in improving the general health of the population tells it own story.

I've heard Covid described as a medical crisis brought on by a combination of Vit D deficiency in the general population coming up against a new virus.

Ok, just for a second - humour me.

What do you mean "....if ivermectin works..." ?

Works at what? (In the context of covid.)

Ive read that theres been an increase in heart problems for sportspeople. Ive searched but cant find any research to back that up. anyone?

About two years ago my doctor sent me for a blood test and after the results came back she sent for me to go in and see her :eek: after a week of worry about what they had found it turned out that I was very low on Vit D and she put me on high powered tablets to get my levels back up, after all this and not seeing a doctor not a clue if they are now back to normal.:(

How many more billion people do you want it injected in, before we can call it well-tested?

It should have been rolled out to the vulnerable only, until it had been fully tested.

As it stands we don't know the effects and ultra low risk people could be taking a vaccine that has side effects more deadly than the virus itself. All about balancing risk.

Please stop it with the conspiracy theory and the pseudo-clinical science.

If you go & read about the decade of research into RNA delivery carriers and the fact that this generation of vaccines have been long in the development pipeline for flu vaccines. The technology was already there. The in-vitro and pre-clinicals were done years ago.

It was massively fortuitous that the pharma industry had this technology so close to fruition and that covid was a respiratory virus and not some other nasty.
Meh. Ok carry on following the herd mate if you buy that crap.

It should have been rolled out to the vulnerable only, until it had been fully tested.

As it stands we don't know the effects and ultra low risk people could be taking a vaccine that has side effects more deadly than the virus itself. All about balancing risk.
In what way wasn't it wasn't fully tested? (I mean, in clinical & scientific terms.)

Let's be specific.

Ive read that theres been an increase in heart problems for sportspeople. Ive searched but cant find any research to back that up. anyone?
Flaws in the cardiac screening programme for athletes finally being highlighted after years of failings, and several of the players recently documented to have caught Covid, and we already know that Covid attacked the heart. Combine that with an increase in season intensity because of shortened calendars and increased international games, and we start seeing people burning out

Meh. Ok carry on following the herd mate if you buy that crap.

Huh? That crap? What, that the pharmaceutical industry develops treatments & cures that saves millions of lives every year.

The genuine medical advancement that you'd prefer to interpret as conspiracy theory, corner-cutting and made-up shit.

Keep enjoying Facebook (y)

I've seen a lot of discussion about it - and people blaming the vaccines - but nothing definitive. Could easily be down to what JamesOB mentioned, increased scrutiny, or a statistical 'clump.'

Will be keeping an eye on it, though.

I've seen a lot of discussion about it - and people blaming the vaccines - but nothing definitive. Could easily be down to what JamesOB mentioned, increased scrutiny, or a statistical 'clump.'

News that wigans Chalie whyke collapsed at training today too.

A lot of people blaming the vaccine whilst saying “look at Aguero, Eriksen and Fleck” and undermining their own argument because Eriksen and Fleck are unvaccinated, and Aguero has had it since 2017 🙃

A lot of people blaming the vaccine whilst saying “look at Aguero, Eriksen and Fleck” and undermining their own argument because Eriksen and Fleck are unvaccinated, and Aguero has had it since 2017 🙃

Exactly. And can we blame the vaccine for all these footballers' heart attacks too...

News that wigans Chalie whyke collapsed at training today too.
Just checked, and Wyke is stating that he is unvaccinated, too.

I hope that there is some serious research into it - given the money flowing around sport, they can afford to fund it - but I have not seen any issues, yet.

Just checked, and Wyke is stating that he is unvaccinated, too.

I hope that there is some serious research into it - given the money flowing around sport, they can afford to fund it - but I have not seen any issues, yet.
Do we know whether Wyke has had Covid? I know Fleck was reported to have had it, and I believe Eriksen too

Ok, just for a second - humour me.

What do you mean "....if ivermectin works..." ?

Works at what? (In the context of covid.)

Ok, just for a second - humour me.✔️

What do you mean "....if ivermectin works..." ?✔️

Works at what? (In the context of covid.)✔️

(not easy without an overhead camera)

Do we know whether Wyke has had Covid? I know Fleck was reported to have had it, and I believe Eriksen too
The article didn't say - it was more of a quick press release.

Of course, it could equally be just as little to do with covid as the vaccine for the same reasons - I hope that, with the wealth of medical, physiological, and performance information held on professional footballers and other athletes, they should be able to dig into the data and isolate any potential trends and causes.

Could actually be a very promising area for a longitudinal study given the sheer amount of high quality data - and the fact that sport has some of the finest data analysts going.

Only an opinion, but I wonder if going back into intensive sport after a layoff has caused some problems, like you said in your earlier post.

The article didn't say - it was more of a quick press release.

Of course, it could equally be just as little to do with covid as the vaccine for the same reasons - I hope that, with the wealth of medical, physiological, and performance information held on professional footballers and other athletes, they should be able to dig into the data and isolate any potential trends and causes.

Could actually be a very promising area for a longitudinal study given the sheer amount of high quality data.

Only an opinion, but I wonder if going back into intensive sport after a layoff has caused some problems, like you said in your earlier post.
Completely different kettle of fish but whilst browsing another forum(sad as it was about BA flights) they were anecdotally talking about the impacts it’s had on crew who have come back from furlough and started working flights which are staffed by fewer staff than pre-pandemic currently with varying loads. Staff sickness is up and general well-being is dramatically down even after people have had “x months off” that people are suddenly back into different work patterns with different work pressures than they’ve experienced in maybe up to 2 years. Is it a fight or flight(pardon the pun) response from peoples bodies and minds that is affecting lots of different industries and walks of life in different ways