PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

COVID Vaccine Poll

Will you get vaccinated?

• Yes - as soon as they ratify/license it

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Yes - but not for 6 months till we've seen more research into it

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Yes - but not for a considerable time to understand it's side effects/effectiveness

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Maybe - but only willing to consider it after much more research/investigations

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Yes- but vaccinate those most at risk first

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters

jakehake

“Morel high warrior”
Staff member
Patron
Given todays news and the potential consequences, what are peoples feelings on this, it's a fairly emotive subject and people will have reasons for probably all the options. But interested how people see it when the situation is fairly unprecedented but also so is the way the vaccine has been developed/tested

(If people want other polling options then shout, it's also anonymous)

Aren't 3 & 4 the same?
Close but wanted to probably differentiate between those who are wavering and likely to have it vs those who are sceptical and may hold out much longer. It was a wooly set of thoughts!

Close but wanted to probably differentiate between those who are wavering and likely to have it vs those who are sceptical and may hold out much longer. It was a wooly set of thoughts!
How can we possibly aspire to the highest levels of scientific rigour with this level of slapdashery :rolleyes:

Wouldn't touch it for all the tea in china never had the flu vaccine take my chance . Although it is hopefully great news we can get back to some sort of normal much more research needs to be done which will take years until we find it is safe for me.

Wouldn't touch it for all the tea in china never had the flu vaccine take my chance . Although it is hopefully great news we can get back to some sort of normal much more research needs to be done which will take years until we find it is safe for me.
Those that can't or won't, can just rely on the herd immunity from others, just like any other vacc.

No issue with dissenters or objectioners. It's a free society 👍

Have you had the flu in the last few years Rob? I was sceptical about the flu jab but having a a bout of it 3 years ago has changed my mind and I have a flu jab every year.

Why? Are you scared of little green men being secretly added to vaccines! 😂

Those that can't or won't, can just rely on the herd immunity from others, just like any other vacc.

No issue with dissenters or objectioners. It's a free society 👍
But it doesn't work like that. Measles is a good example; it had been virtually eradicated in this country until the tabloid press told scaremongering lies about the mmr jab. Measles is a killer and it's making a comeback thanks to the anti vax lobby.

People who refuse to get vaccinated are putting others at risk, not just themselves.

But it doesn't work like that. Measles is a good example; it had been virtually eradicated in this country until the tabloid press told scaremongering lies about the mmr jab. Measles is a killer and it's making a comeback thanks to the anti vax lobby.

People who refuse to get vaccinated are putting others at risk, not just themselves.
The problem with that though is that it moves us a step closer to compulsory vaccines. Id fight tooth and nail against that.

No. I had the virus, and will let my t-cells do the job instead.

Had a massive reaction to what I think was a second exposure to the virus, so I'll be honest I'm a bit scared how my body would react to a vaccine.

I’m sceptical about the speed in which this has been pushed through.

But it’s a game of statistics for me. I’m in the vulnerable / pre existing conditions category. If the stats produced by various governments are to be believed ( and that’s a big if) , I think I work out at roughly 2% chance of death if I catch it. Chances of catching it over next 6 months maybe 10%. So that’s a 0.2% chance of death by Covid.
Then there is the chance of long Covid. Maybe 5% if I catch the disease .

So overall that’s a 1% overall chance of of getting long Covid and 0.2% chance of death.

I need to weigh that up against the odds of something going wrong with the vaccine ( I’ve never had any problems with the flu jab). I’ll research it thoroughly first but on balance I’ll probably reluctantly take it.

No. I had the virus, and will let my t-cells do the job instead.

Had a massive reaction to what I think was a second exposure to the virus, so I'll be honest I'm a bit scared how my body would react to a vaccine.

I almost wanted to split the vote for no into reasons i.e. ethical, trust, medical but wanted people to have privacy of their reasons but this is a good example of having a reasoned argument that people wouldn't normally consider if they just heard someone say they wouldn't get the vaccine

Tropical medicine expert on Sky News just now said that this vaccine needs to be stored at minus 80 degrees.
He said that could be an issue for less well developed countries. However he said that several other vaccines being developed and trialled may not need such cold storage which would help counteract that issue