PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

COVID Vaccine Poll

Will you get vaccinated?

• Yes - as soon as they ratify/license it

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Yes - but not for 6 months till we've seen more research into it

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Yes - but not for a considerable time to understand it's side effects/effectiveness

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Maybe - but only willing to consider it after much more research/investigations

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Yes- but vaccinate those most at risk first

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters
Read a study the other day which stated that people who have had covid are much more likely to suffer systemic side effects from vaccines. Side effects are more likely if you are younger, too.

Very surprised that they are still recommending it for people who have had covid when this is very well understood.

Hope things improve for you soon, Bobbage - you have really been through the wringer with this.
My second dose absolutely floored me, and that was Pfizer. Everyone says that the Pfizer one has lesser side effects, yet mine and several associates all suffered massively from the Pfizer, all of whom have likely or definitely had Covid. Definitely backs up what you’re saying.

Hence me going against my own instict and getting it in the first place when, for reasons highlighted earlier in the thread, I said I wouldn't be.

I did my research and wanted the Pfizer vaccine but was told it wasn't possible. The following week, a drop in centre was set up for people wanting the Pfizer vaccine. Trust me LiS I am angry beyond belief about this!
If research came out saying mixing vaccines was safe and effective would you be open to getting the Pfizer or Moderna ones as your second dose?

Clearly, for anyone who's had negative effects, it's not a good thing. God willing everyone does as well as possible and doesn't suffer serious side effects.

But we must remember the science and statistics at play here. The vaccine isn't 100.000000% safe. Nobody said it was. No medical intervention ever is. But the point is, the global scientific community and regulatory agencies are in solid agreement that the harms of the vaccine are outweighed by those of the virus.

And that's all this is. A balance of risk. Unfortunately some will suffer.

If our future over the next few years is repeat vaccinations, then the pharma R&D effort will continue to improve the safety & performance of these vaccines. Our knowledge will improve and the ability to match certain vaccines & treatments to certain groups, will mean fewer & fewer side effects / better outcomes.
Nothing is 100% safe, and we're mostly talking about odds that are less than winning £1million plus on the lottery.

My second dose absolutely floored me, and that was Pfizer. Everyone says that the Pfizer one has lesser side effects, yet mine and several associates all suffered massively from the Pfizer, all of whom have likely or definitely had Covid. Definitely backs up what you’re saying.
I thought it was common knowledge that side effects are most likely with the first AZ jab and the second Pfizer jab. Side effects happen with all vaccines, but are almost always nowhere near as bad as getting the full blown disease.

Here is the study, James:

If it is in the Lancet, it isn't exactly hidden knowledge!

Here is the study, James:

If it is in the Lancet, it isn't exactly hidden knowledge!
Interesting that it compares 2 doses of Pfizer with 1 dose of AZ. I’m assuming that’s simply due to lack of data for 2 doses. It would be extremely interesting to see the study continued as more data becomes available. As LiS said, the second dose of Pfizer seems to show more side effects than the first, whereas AZ it appears to be the first dose

(Systemic side effects that is)

If research came out saying mixing vaccines was safe and effective would you be open to getting the Pfizer or Moderna ones as your second dose?

Once bitten James. No other vaccines, no boosters, nothing ever now. I literally put so much pain, blood, sweat, tears and coughing up solid mucus marbles in to getting my health back to then have that taken away from me... Never again.

Once bitten James. No other vaccines, no boosters, nothing ever now. I literally put so much pain, blood, sweat, tears and coughing up solid mucus marbles in to getting my health back to then have that taken away from me... Never again.
Delightful...

I had my 2nd dose of the AZ vaccine yesterday afternoon. Same as the first, I haven’t had the slightest reaction to it. The wife had hers at the same time and is exactly the same. Had I been ill after the first, I would still have had no hesitation in getting the 2nd. The vaccine is the only way out of this shitstorm

Interesting that it compares 2 doses of Pfizer with 1 dose of AZ. I’m assuming that’s simply due to lack of data for 2 doses. It would be extremely interesting to see the study continued as more data becomes available. As LiS said, the second dose of Pfizer seems to show more side effects than the first, whereas AZ it appears to be the first dose

(Systemic side effects that is)
Certainly a lot in there to think about - maybe there is such a follow up study.

And, I can certainly understand why some medical staff are reluctant to take the vaccine if they suspect that they have already had/been exposed to covid.

Sadly, that does not stop the accusations and abuse thrown their way.

Certainly a lot in there to think about - maybe there is such a follow up study.

And, I can certainly understand why some medical staff are reluctant to take the vaccine if they suspect that they have already had/been exposed to covid.

Sadly, that does not stop the accusations and abuse thrown their way.
It wouldn't be so bad if all the nurses were keeping up with their twice-weekly covid tests, but (my own anecdotal information), plenty of them have given up and not bothering. School kids too. It's all gone a bit stale and there's little carrot or stick.

It wouldn't be so bad if all the nurses were keeping up with their twice-weekly covid tests, but (my own anecdotal information), plenty of them have given up and not bothering. School kids too. It's all gone a bit stale and there's little carrot or stick.
Like a posted a while back, that's a psychological effect. When you keep hitting people with the fear of imminent danger, they eventually switch off as a coping mechanism. It's not always a result of laziness or not caring.

This has gone on far too long, and those in power have paid too little attention to the psychology behind all this,

After saying I would not be getting the vaccine, I had my first jab a month ago. Doing the "right" thing etc etc...

I will not be getting the second or any subsequent boosters, as my initial fears were proved correct and my health has been absolutely decimated since.

So has mine , but not the covid vax , mine was the yellow fever vax in the forces ! Feel for you

Got a list of strong herbals that might help you back to your feet if your interested , I take them for the same reasons , Chronic Fatigue after a Vax

The vaccine is the only way out of this shitstorm

It would certainly seem that way wouldn’t it.

So whether you choose to have the vaccine to protect yourself and others or decide that option’s not for you we’re all relying upon the vast majority of the population to choose to be vaccinated in order to reach “herd immunity”, get the virus under control and end the restrictions.

Thankfully most people have taken up their vaccine offer and helped us gradually to get closer to that point.

So has mine , but not the covid vax , mine was the yellow fever vax in the forces ! Feel for you

Got a list of strong herbals that might help you back to your feet if your interested , I take them for the same reasons , Chronic Fatigue after a Vax
That reminds of the old cholera jab, it literally gave you full blown cholera for 24 hrs. This wasn't just a limited number of cases, it was virtually everybody. I was told that I had to book at least one day sick in advance! Nobody complained either, if it was necessary then you took it.

I had yellow fever too, but that wasn't so bad for me.

That reminds of the old cholera jab, it literally gave you full blown cholera for 24 hrs. This wasn't just a limited number of cases, it was virtually everybody. I was told that I had to book at least one day sick in advance! Nobody complained either, if it was necessary then you took it.

I had yellow fever too, but that wasn't so bad for me.
I had the typhoid vaccination in my left arm and cholera in the right arm both at the same time, the advice given before was get everything you need to get done, done and everything you need to buy, bought. As within a couple of hours after the jabs you can't move your arms, damn they were right, both arms felt like I'd been attacked with a sledge hammer for the next 24hrs.

I had the typhoid vaccination in my left arm and cholera in the right arm both at the same time, the advice given before was get everything you need to get done, done and everything you need to buy, bought. As within a couple of hours after the jabs you can't move your arms, damn they were right, both arms felt like I'd been attacked with a sledge hammer for the next 24hrs.
Ouch!

I was going to add something else, but an old Monty Python sketch came to mind, and I thought nah, best not...😂