PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Craig Brown - I Told You He Would Do It!

Derby County's push for promotion this season has surprised most people but not former Scotland manager Craig Brown.

He had every confidence in Billy Davies turning the team round and said as much soon after Davies was appointed.

“I don't think Derby could have appointed a better man than Billy. He knows the Championship inside out,” said Brown at the time.

Davies guided the Rams to third in the Championship and now they face West Bromwich Albion in Monday's play-off final for a place in the Premiership.

Brown is confident Davies can manage at any level.

“Billy has not surprised me in the slightest,” said Brown. “He is one of the best around and can cope at any level.

“I have seen most of the top managers in action, at matches or on coaching courses, and Billy is right up there.

“Hopefully, he will take Derby County to the Premiership.”
Don't miss Saturday's Wembley special supplement for Brown's insight on Davies' management style, free in your Evening Telegraph. :eek: :D

Full article:-
http://www.therams.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|11270242252007329894532

Thanks for that, but I am afraid I will not be buying the Derby Evening Telegraph :D

Billy was clearly a good manager, just a shame he has not shown himself to be a good person.

Yet again its Broon with a Hot Tip.

My money's on WBA. Come on you Throstles. ( WTF is 'Baggies' ? )