PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Cricket- all kicking off!

• Thread starter Thread starter PTID
  • Start date Start date
P

PTID

Anyone watchin'? Got it on in the backgroud, some dispute over the umpires swapping the ball as they believed it to have been tampered with.

Pakistan refusing to come out of changing room in protest at the unfair assumption they had tampered with it.

Actually making for interesting viewing at the moment! Commentators are lost for words!

Re: Cricket- all kicking off!

katie cricket is always interesting. ive just got back from watching lancs at old trafford.

I love Cricket...

I follow Lancs and England quite a bit thru the summer months, but i must admit, that the outcome of the matches doesnt affect my life like the Nobbers results do !!!

graham nelson said:
katie cricket is always interesting. ive just got back from watching lancs at old trafford.

I must admit prefer the one day matches, as they are more frantic and they tend to take the risks. Series can get tedious, however the ashes last summer was superb.

Was watching it unfold on Sky Sports, Is it just me that thinks David Gower is the most woden presenter on Tv?

prestonsg said:
Was watching it unfold on Sky Sports, Is it just me that thinks David Gower is the most woden presenter on Tv?
He has the same attitude as Chamberlain before the war - appeasement. Anyway they've now announced that there will be no play tomorrow. I think the Umpires called the Pakistani's bluff and it backfired on them (Pakistani's).

ps Did you hear Gower going on about how the rules should not be so strictly adhered to and then Atherton saying there were racial undertones - what planet are these men on?

Well i've just come back from the bookies with £70 in my pocket.
I had £20 at 5/2 on england,which i thought had gone down the swanny
but the official result was an england win so the bookies payed up!
A sad end to the test match i know...but im happy!

just watched the pakistan cricket board press conference. the responsibility for this situation rests entirely with their captain, team , management, advisers, +board. they are trying to make up the laws, rules, guidelines+regulations as they go along. all this sensitive crap from gower, atherton, botham,+ hussain etc is just that crap.

You perhaps have to take Atherton's past into account when talking about ball tampering.

Reading his autobiog, he is still fuming over the way he was treated over his own ball tampering scandal.

The racial overtones business is just about the fact that many in Pakistan think Hair has a vendetta against them.

Which he probably doesn't have, but it was a damn brave decision to make without any specific evidence. Not many sides accused of cheating like that would take it lying down.

preston till i die said:
however the ashes last summer was superb.

Dear oh dear!

And the Rugby World Cup in 2003 was amazing eh?!

tg

I'm confused by all this.

If it was all down to the will of Allah that the likes of Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf battered us for tons, then surely it was the same will of Allah that caused Mr Hair to accuse them of ball tampering ?

Can't help feeling that everyones condemning Hair without hearing his side of the story. Nevertheless on the balance of evidence provided so far I can understand the Pakistan team feeling upset. However I also think they've gone about their protest in an immature fashion which has probably lost them the moral high ground.

thegooooooooooch said:
Dear oh dear!

And the Rugby World Cup in 2003 was amazing eh?!

tg

No, the Rugby was not amazing. I loved the atmosphere and the buzz about town etc, but didn't get into it myself. Not a fan of the sport, never have, never will be.

Cricket is different. I can watch it on occasions and be really bored, then on other occasions really get into it. Last summer I particularly enjoyed it as it gave the whole office a common subject to talk about, and spent a lot of spare time in the tv room with my boss!

brianherron said:
Oh yeah................ now that's not cricket.🙂

And that is also not my quote.

I could have you Herronchops for misrepresentation!

preston till i die said:
No, the Rugby was not amazing. I loved the atmosphere and the buzz about town etc, but didn't get into it myself. Not a fan of the sport, never have, never will be.

Cricket is different. I can watch it on occasions and be really bored, then on other occasions really get into it. Last summer I particularly enjoyed it as it gave the whole office a common subject to talk about, and spent a lot of spare time in the tv room with my boss!

Hope there was no "ball tampering" going on in that t v room!😀
Your right about the cricket compared to the rugby..i love cricket
and the amount of people chatting to me about it was amazing.
Even had my mum ringing me up!
Shame its now on sky though, a lot of new fans will be lost🙁

jersey white said:
Hope there was no "ball tampering" going on in that t v room!😀
Your right about the cricket compared to the rugby..i love cricket
and the amount of people chatting to me about it was amazing.
Even had my mum ringing me up!
Shame its now on sky though, a lot of new fans will be lost🙁

NO ball tampering thank you very much. God is that all you lot ever think about!!!

It's ok as I have sky!! 😛

preston till i die said:
And that is also not my quote.

I could have you Herronchops!

Jesus! She doesn't stop!

Herron, watch your middle wicket, she is a fan of the googly!

tg