PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Current location of North end fans

I'm surprised that you didn't suggest that I should have known this as I was around in Roman times. Small mercies 😀

Hope you enjoyed your umpteenth holiday of the year in Bruges.
Cheers ST….

Yeah, Bruges was splendid.

New York next up, never been there..

Cheers ST….

She who is always obeyed, has been to NY 4 or 5 times and worked there for 6 to 8 months in her late teens, kept banging on about wanting to take me, even though it never appealed, went last march, have to say, loved it - a lot of walking (and it was just before a triple hernia op so i was in quite a bit of pain) and quite expensive, especially for wine drinkers!!!
Will definitely go again, before getting too past it. I would say you really need at least a week, not one of the 3/4 night mini break things.
We flew from Gatwick and its a 100% better Airport than Manchester.

Cheers ST….

Enjoy.

I've been there once, for 5 nights (Feb '99 or '00). It was sub-zero the whole time near enough. It was like being on a giant movie set. I will never forget walking through the skyscraper streets of Manhattan then coming out onto Central Park. Amazing.

Enjoy.

I've been there once, for 5 nights (Feb '99 or '00). It was sub-zero the whole time near enough. It was like being on a giant movie set. I will never forget walking through the skyscraper streets of Manhattan then coming out onto Central Park. Amazing.
We are going towards the end of April, hopefully it will be getting a bit warmer…..

Enjoy.

I was in New York a long time ago in either late November or actually I think early December. The cold was intense and even the short walks between the hotel and the location where I attending an event gave me a freeze-dried face. What I do recall was that the weather forecasts always gave the temperature and the apparent temperature due to added wind chill but the reference time and place was Central Park at Midnight which is just about the last place you would want to be in New York at that time - frankly if you were it very likely might be the last place you would be in. The place that really is even more like a giant movie set, though, is Los Angeles.

Cheers ST….

I don't want to put you off, but New York is a changing city. Keep your wallet in your front pocket, and be very aware of your surroundings, and the people in your surroundings. Also, if you take the subway keep your back to a wall or something solid.

Cheers ST….

Glad you enjoyed Bruges, mentioned that I was there in December, took in Ghent and Brussels as well.
Not impressed with Brussels, went a long time ago and it's not improved, but I really liked Ghent. Bruges was great for a stroll around, venture slightly away from the main area and there was hardly a soul around.

Went to NY in Oct 2019 , I really liked it but could do with going back, as your first trip you see the must sites and feel like it was all a bit rushed. Now I would like to stroll around the city a little and venture out a little more.

Also, caught a really nasty bug, I assume on the plane, that absolutely floored me over Christmas 2019 for about 6 weeks, I wondered what that could have been.

I don't want to put you off, but New York is a changing city. Keep your wallet in your front pocket, and be very aware of your surroundings, and the people in your surroundings. Also, if you take the subway keep your back to a wall or something solid.

Heard plenty of people say all that when we were in Miami the other week.

Stay safe Ando!

Heard plenty of people say that when we were in Miami the other week.
All the big cities have always had problems, same as anywhere. I worked in NYC for 20 years and it's just changed a lot. Even the street 'entertainers' in Times Square have become aggressive. I don't want to get too political, but when you have new laws and policies in place that release 'bad' people on to the street after they have been arrested, it's hardly surprising that the 'bad' people aren't afraid of consequences anymore. Still a great place to visit. You just have to be careful.

Unfortunately I have to second this. Last time I went to NYC, I did not feel as safe as one would hope; a shame. Would also advise to stay in well-lighted areas when it gets dark.

Went to New York for a week this time last year. To be honest didn't really find it much of a bother whether day or night. To be honest most people must be so stoned that the city felt quite laidback. It's quieter in an evening in the Finance District where we stayed but even wandering up the busier areas like Times Square still felt mostly OK, or no worse than I'd feel wandering round London etc.

See you there
Just come back, missed the Rovers game. Eccentric in-laws decided to get married there. Sister in law said she would not never use sun cream, only coconut oil. The groom ended up with second degree burns from the sun and could hardly walk at his wedding.
Great place, have a fab time.

Went to New York for a week this time last year. To be honest didn't really find it much of a bother whether day or night. To be honest most people must be so stoned that the city felt quite laidback. It's quieter in an evening in the Finance District where we stayed but even wandering up the busier areas like Times Square still felt mostly OK, or no worse than I'd feel wandering round London etc.
I'll second that Jakehake. Been three times, the last time a couple of years ago. No problems at all.
Currently in Rome for a special birthday for the wife 😉

Unfortunately I have to second this. Last time I went to NYC, I did not feel as safe as one would hope; a shame. Would also advise to stay in well-lighted areas when it gets dark.

Miami/Miami Beach seemed super safe.

Mind you, I did get robbed in a pub when they added on 29% for service, tax and ‘resort tax’!!