ben damph

Forum Patron
Patron
OP
northender2

northender2

Forum Patron
Patron
I wonder if any names will be revealed or if there will be any major repercussions rom this, could be bigger than the Operation Puerto (Dr Fuentes) scandal of a few years ago where unfortunately, the Spanish authorities kept a lot of the names quiet so we'll probably never know the full extent of the doping of Spanish athletes in the mid 00's

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
I wonder if any names will be revealed or if there will be any major repercussions rom this, could be bigger than the Operation Puerto (Dr Fuentes) scandal of a few years ago where unfortunately, the Spanish authorities kept a lot of the names quiet so we'll probably never know the full extent of the doping of Spanish athletes in the mid 00's

OP
northender2

northender2

Forum Patron
Patron
on the topic of doping, Dr Fuentes is giving an interview on Spanish TV tomorrow night, will be interesting if any names are revealed, he's said in the pas it wasn't just cyclists but also footballers and tennis players who were involved

I think even the biggest of cycling fans knows doping is still an issue in the sport, however I'd like to believe its a lot cleaner than it was in the early 2000's, I think you just have to watch the sport as a form of entertainment and try to ignore all the doping otherwise you couldn't enjoy it and the sport would die

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
on the topic of doping, Dr Fuentes is giving an interview on Spanish TV tomorrow night, will be interesting if any names are revealed, he's said in the pas it wasn't just cyclists but also footballers and tennis players who were involved

I think even the biggest of cycling fans knows doping is still an issue in the sport, however I'd like to believe its a lot cleaner than it was in the early 2000's, I think you just have to watch the sport as a form of entertainment and try to ignore all the doping otherwise you couldn't enjoy it and the sport would die
My interest in athletics was really high but I admit, because of past doping scandals, my enjoyment of great achievements died a while back. I rarely watch now.

ben damph

Forum Patron
Patron

ben damph

Forum Patron
Patron
disappointing but i suppose an October Roubaix will likely be a wet Roubaix, will be a very interesting race at that time of year

It's going to be strange as there aren't going to be many prep races for it - but luckily the weekend before is the Worlds Road Race....in Flanders.

OP
northender2

northender2

Forum Patron
Patron
Good to see Cavendish has won his first race in over 3 years today, i know it was only the tour of Turkey and mainly 2nd division sprinters but still good to see that he still has it after all his health problems
Also good to see Fabio Jakobsen racing again, will take a while for him to get back to the top but just for him to be on a bike again so soon is amazing

ben damph

Forum Patron
Patron
Good to see Cavendish has won his first race in over 3 years today, i know it was only the tour of Turkey and mainly 2nd division sprinters but still good to see that he still has it after all his health problems
Also good to see Fabio Jakobsen racing again, will take a while for him to get back to the top but just for him to be on a bike again so soon is amazing

Scrubdog

Manager
Cracking stage in the Tour of the Alps yesterday. Really good work by Hugh but Yates was on another level, he is in good form for the Giro.