PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Darnell loves a good tackle. (Charged by FA - Pg16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out on this one seeing as the PC, flower picking, self proclaiming 'that was a sexual assault' numpties have waded in.

It's happens in all types of contact sport in various forms and never gets the headlines so let's not add it to the long list of no go area's.

Ask Patterson if he has a problem with it before pontificating ffs :mad:

It probably happens all the time, just not often the cameras pick up on it, id be very surprised if there's any retrospective punishment for Darnell, as far as I know, there's no law in the game of football about grabbing an opposition players balls
There might not be a law in football but there is a law

It’s sexual assault in any other workplace in the world.

It happens at the majority of corners but unfortunately for us, it’s been caught on camera and the social media justice warriors have latched onto it. He’ll definitely get a ban.
Just had a look on Twitter but can’t find any evidence of this. Seen something on Facebook?

I'm out on this one seeing as the PC, flower picking, self proclaiming 'that was a sexual assault' numpties have waded in.

It's happens in all types of contact sport in various forms and never gets the headlines so let's not add it to the long list of no go area's.

Ask Patterson if he has a problem with it before pontificating ffs :mad:
Apart from when Joe Marler got a 10 week ban for doing exactly the same thing?
When Vinnie did it to Gazza, everyone laughed.
And that is where the world has changed, for better or worse. Personally, if Patterson isn’t bothered then I don’t see why there should be any need for repercussions but that isn’t how it works anymore.

There might not be a law in football but there is a law

I'm pretty sure there's a law about not running down the street karate kicking people in the chest, however that didnt stop people calling Windass' red card "harsh". It's clearly a different world...

Is it sexual assault if there is no sexual intent to the act? Genuine question.

It’s a form of assault, for sure, but is it sexual? Does this not belong more in the realms of poking someone in the eye or something?

You sound a bit disappointed in Fisher Paddy.

I suppose it is unacceptable but I imagine this kind of stuff goes on loads and is largely ignored by the players involved.
Yeah I am disappointed. I dont think it is sexual assault but he has put himself in a situation where he is open to a long ban at a time we need every player we have.

Yeah I am disappointed. I dont think it is sexual assault but he has put himself in a situation where he is open to a long ban at a time we need every player we have.
It probably never even crossed his mind that he would get banned for it. I’m pretty sure the referee is looking straight at them and you can see Fisher pissing himself straight after he did it

Best way to sum it up Pad. We'll have to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.