PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Darnell loves a good tackle. (Charged by FA - Pg16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear your right JK, trial by media seems to be the order of the day these days and latched onto like a limpet by the PB brigade and will lead to a ban for Fisher.

All this will go on no doubt without consultation with Patterson.

You mention Rugby Union and how long before a 6.5" 18 stone bruiser complains that one of his team mates has sexually assaulted him because the tips of his fingers touched his winky when they were forming a scrum and usual practice is to grab the front of your team mates shorts to latch on and that may involve your fingers entering the shorts.

When asked why he complained after all these years he declared that the team mate 'had not asked his verbal or written permission to engage with him in this way'. 😀

It's all about context and scenario and one size doesn't always fit all or at least it was.

Anyway 1-0 to the PC brigade and the rest of us suffer for their offended feelings.
who taught you to play school's rugby, Strongy? The Christian brothers priests?

There are plenty of things in sport that if you did in real life you would break the law.

Do the police wait for Lewis Hamilton at the finishing line for dangerous driving?

Did the police lock up Chris Morgan for the elbow on Iain Hume?

Do fencers get sent down for possession of a dangerous weapon?

The trick is to separate sport from real life. Football is theatre, like watching a movie. Underhand tactics are part of the game, it won’t stop, ever.

Your wasting your breath Meeksy the PC brigade just see black and white which is surprising considering they wear rose tinted specs.

Sanitised world they want and with trial by media being the norm a sanitised world they will get, the same folk who have probably never played contact sports at any level are probably the same folk who love VAR in football as it suits there armchair loving lifestyle.

It's all about intent for me. Was Darnell Fisher trying to wind Paterson up by grabbing his balls or was he having a laugh? Given Paterson (from that clip anyway) didn't react, and given Fisher was sniggering like a naughty school boy, you have to think it was 2 lads who know each other quite well having a bit of a laugh. You have to remember they are the same age and both came through the ranks in Scottish football so it's not impossible that they know each other off the pitch.

It's obviously not anything sexual and only Fisher knows why he did such an idiot thing. However, it's totally out of order and he deserves a ban for it.

It's all about intent for me. Was Darnell Fisher trying to wind Paterson up by grabbing his balls or was he having a laugh? Given Paterson (from that clip anyway) didn't react, and given Fisher was sniggering like a naughty school boy, you have to think it was 2 lads who know each other quite well having a bit of a laugh. You have to remember they are the same age and both came through the ranks in Scottish football so it's not impossible that they know each other off the pitch.

That's perhaps the first proposed explanation that might give any form of reasonable defence. Hope you're right.

Paterson seems to have form for this...maybe it's an inside joke

Screenshot_2020_11_22_at_14.18.41.png

Annoying thing is without the cameras nothing comes of this

Typical, first time ifollow works

If he does get a big ban I can't see his contract getting renewed by the club (if there's even an offer on the table that it)

I thought it was a grab and then a little sort of... flick of the shlong? Like, wibble wibble. It didn't seem as violent a grab as the incident involving Marlon Pack, still doesn't excuse what was a completely dumb thing to do. What would have happened if another Sheffield player had seen that and squared up to Darnell or something?

No No No No, humour and previous history not allowed, the PNE PC brigade want him banned no if's, no but's, so a lengthy ban it has to be !!!!!
Got nothing to do with being PC whatsoever. To me it’s straightforward. Keep your hands of other people’s balls. FFS. I love Darnell and think he’s a cracking full back and king of the shithousing, but this goes too far. Sorry if you think I’m PC, but I’m not, PC is pretty much an invention of the right wing media in honesty. If you can’t see why grabbing another bloke’s cock is wrong, well... there’s nothing left for me to say. Dumbfounded.

Got nothing to do with being PC whatsoever. To me it’s straightforward. Keep your hands of other people’s balls. FFS. I love Darnell and think he’s a cracking full back and king of the shithousing, but this goes too far. Sorry if you think I’m PC, but I’m not, PC is pretty much an invention of the right wing media in honesty. If you can’t see why grabbing another bloke’s cock is wrong, well... there’s nothing left for me to say. Dumbfounded.

So you think he should be banned for it then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.