PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

David Aspden missing.

222Mark

"Clueless"
Staff member
Patron
North End fan, forum member and local youth football coach David has been missing since 9th July. Many of you may recognise him. If you see him or know of his whereabouts, inform the police immediately.

Taken from Lancs Police website.

MISSING: We are growing increasingly concerned for a male missing from the Preston area.
Mr David ASPDEN, 32, was last seen on the 9th July by a family member but has not been heard from since. He is described as a white male with short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a green t-shirt and black shorts. He is missing from his home address in Preston.

We would appeal to anyone who sees David or knows where he is to get in touch with us. We would also ask David to contact us if she sees this appeal to let us know he is safe and well.”

Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting log number LC-20180709-0832.

37592896_1728076807240574_7775078974102700032_n.jpg

Last edited:
David Aspden missing.

Sad do. Hope he is ok despite all his troubles

North End fan, forum member and local youth football coach David has been missing since 9th July. Many of you may recognise him. If you see him or know of his whereabouts, inform the police immediately.

Taken from Lancs Police website.

MISSING: We are growing increasingly concerned for a male missing from the Preston area.
Mr David ASPDEN, 32, was last seen on the 9th July by a family member but has not been heard from since. He is described as a white male with short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a green t-shirt and black shorts. He is missing from his home address in Preston.

We would appeal to anyone who sees David or knows where he is to get in touch with us. We would also ask David to contact us if she sees this appeal to let us know he is safe and well.”

Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting log number LC-20180709-0832.

37592896_1728076807240574_7775078974102700032_n.jpg

What is his forum name ? Lets hope he turns up safe.

If I remember correctly he did a lot to get the Tom Finney flag to away grounds after Sir Tom died - I remember discussing it with him for the Colchester game that year. Hopefully all is ok with him.

Club suspends official after police arrest

Club suspends official after police arrest

An official of a junior football club in Preston has been suspended after the parent of a young player made a complaint to police.

David Aspden, secretary of Springfields FC, was arrested “on suspicion of causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity” and later released on bail pending further inquiries. Club chairman Paul Crowhurst confirmed that Mr Aspden had been suspended “with immediate effect” after the complaint came to light. “It is out of our hands,” said Mr Crowhurst. “An allegation by a parent was made direct to the police, not the club. I have not spoken to him, but I have sent him a text and an email to say he is suspended with immediate effect. “We spoke to the police yesterday and they are investigating. We have no information about what is alleged to have happpened. The police haven’t told us anything, so we are in the dark about this. “David has been club secretary for about three years, but he is not involved in the coaching side of things.”

A police spokesman said: “A 32-year-old man from Preston has been arrested on suspicion of causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity. He has since been bailed to January 13.” A spokesman for the LFA said: “We are aware of an ongoing investigation by Lancashire Police regarding a volunteer from one of our affiliated clubs. We are actively supporting the police in this investigation. “At this stage we are unable to comment further.” Sponsored Links .

Read more at: https://www.lep.co.uk/news/crime/club-suspends-official-after-police-arrest-1-8921084

Don’t know who this guy is but I do believe in innocent until proven guilty.

Having his name in the papers and on forums like this and he is guilty in the eyes of most already. Maybe he is , but what if he isn’t and he’s done something daft because of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having his name in the papers and on forums like this and he is guilty in the eyes of most already. Maybe he is , but what if he isn’t and he’s done something daft because of this?

Agree. My nephew is at another club so was just checking.

Certainly speculation as to his guilt, or otherwise, would be wrong. However I see none of that here only information that is already in the public domain.

As it stands hes been charged with, "causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity." To get this far its already been through the CPS who must feel there is a strong case to be answered. We should all also remember that there is a 13 year old victim involved here.

Any speculation over and above the information that is already out there would be wrong and could lead to charges against those making them.

Certainly speculation as to his guilt, or otherwise, would be wrong. However I see none of that here only information that is already in the public domain.

As it stands hes been charged with, "causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity." To get this far its already been through the CPS who must feel there is a strong case to be answered. We should all also remember that there is a 13 year old victim involved here.

Any speculation over and above the information that is already out there would be wrong and could lead to charges against those making them.

There ‘may’ be a victim.

Not really referring to you or this thread or forum. I’m just against putting the names of people accused of sexual offences in the public domain until proven guilty. Mud sticks and all that.

Playing Devils Advocate here.

You have some kid playing for an U14s team and for whatever reason, isn't getting the playing time that the parent - and we all witness the pushy gobby types on the touchline - thinks he/she should be getting.

Words are had with the Coach, then as time progress, words become stronger with a whiff of violence lingering around the words. All of this has happened at various touchlines up and down the country. Still, the Coach doesn't budge and continues to do what is right for the team, not one gobby confrontational parent hell bent on changing the status quo.

Here is where I play Devils Advocate and it gets sinister... and like some women (a minority) who have cried rape before being eventually proven to have made false allegations, what is to stop some bitter parent, a minority I know but none the less, they are out there, from making up a bogus complaint not involving social media etc but something they have "seen" to simply get back at the Coach?

Not saying that this is the case here but an open mind has to be kept open rather than a witch hunt saying "Guilty" before a single fact is both known and released.

Previous threads on here should have taught people to hold their fire.

Whatever the outcome, illustrations like I have just played out would put me off any profession involving kids simply because one loose false mouth can damage a reputation, both professionally and privately, for an entire lifetime.

Let justice and the evidence, what there is of it, play out.

You have some kid playing for an U14s team and for whatever reason, isn't getting the playing time that the parent - and we all witness the pushy gobby types on the touchline - thinks he/she should be getting.

Words are had with the Coach, then as time progress, words become stronger with a whiff of violence lingering around the words. All of this has happened at various touchlines up and down the country. Still, the Coach doesn't budge and continues to do what is right for the team, not one gobby confrontational parent hell bent on changing the status quo.

Here is where I play Devils Advocate and it gets sinister... and like some women (a minority) who have cried rape before being eventually proven to have made false allegations, what is to stop some bitter parent, a minority I know but none the less, they are out there, from making up a bogus complaint not involving social media etc but something they have "seen" to simply get back at the Coach?

Not saying that this is the case here but an open mind has to be kept open rather than a witch hunt saying "Guilty" before a single fact is both known and released.

Whatever the outcome, illustrations like I have just played out would put me off any profession involving kids simply because one loose false mouth can damage a reputation, both professionally and privately, for an entire lifetime.

Simple for me
Anonymity for both parties until the case is concluded. If guilty then a press release may be appropriate
For a good example of guilty until proven innocent see the case of Angus Diggle

Anonymity for both parties until the case is concluded. If guilty then a press release may be appropriate

This all day long. Recently had experience of this with a work associate. He went through 18 months of hell only for a jury to decide in his favour in under an hour. Not sure if he will ever recover from that amount of stress or if in some peoples minds he'll ever be 100% innocent. That's the nature of this kind of accusation. A horrible situation for all concerned.

The scenario you described is very similar to scenarios used when attending FA Safeguarding & Child Welfare courses as part of the Level 1 & Youth modules coaching badges. Grassroots coaches can be exposed to this risk when they don't share opinion that someones child is a superstar & in certain cases the resentment can be so high that this type of thing could happen. The advice is to ensure that you are NEVER put yourself in a situation where you are alone with a child in your care, in a confined space (changing room , car etc) where you are out of the view of others.

I've met Dave on a few occasions, as my team played against his before they sadly folded last season. Both him & the chap who coached with him seemed genuine blokes who wanted the best for the lads in their team. I do hope that these allegations are unfounded. I also agree with other posters who state that people who volunteer in this way (and all the shit that goes) are given anonymity until justice is served