PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

David Aspden missing.

Remember this

Well its exactly how a trial through the media can go so horribly wrong and waste a lot of time and money

if this guy was anonymous then there wouldnt be a problem

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-landlord-wins-six-figure-payout-2328638.html

You're quite correct in every word. But I'm afraid this just cherry-picks a convenient case.

I'm sure with a bit of Googling, I could find many murders and sexual crimes that have been committed by people who were already under investigation for another such crime... (i.e. at the time, they were nasty people but innocent in the eyes of the law)

I go back to my previous post. I just think it's not practical to protect the anonymity of people like the unfortunate man you highlighted because it would mean that you would have to protect the anonymity of all accused people... and so leave vulnerable people at real risk.

It not a good situation but it is the 'lesser of two evils' to sacrifice the anonymity of accused people... but as per my final remark in my last post, if we all understand that this sacrifice is being made, then perhaps these eight newspapers... and people on social media... would be more patient with and not write libelous statements. We have to get better at really understanding the concept of innocent until proven otherwise.

As an FYI it's likely this thread has already encouraged a new user to sign up with a username that suggests he thinks the bloke has already been convicted and is guilty of whatever crimes he's accused of and that he should be killed. No such thing as innocence it seems. Careful what we post people please.

Odd you say that Jake

I was looking through earlier and thinking of suggesting a delete thread its taken a tangent to the publicising of names discussion rather then the OP's missing theme

Agree with edgy that this is not a thread that we should have taken off topic. Much too serious. Much too close to home.

I'd be really happy to see selective deleting of posts (including all of mine) that are not directly relevant.

I'm not sure if anyone can confirm this, but I saw on Twitter when the missing appeal was made that people had been in contact with David while he was being looked for.
So I'm not sure if he is still missing. Anyone?

As an FYI it's likely this thread has already encouraged a new user to sign up with a username that suggests he thinks the bloke has already been convicted and is guilty of whatever crimes he's accused of and that he should be killed. No such thing as innocence it seems. Careful what we post people please.

Im assuming something must have been deleted because I think those whove posted, so far, on this thread have shown utmost respect without any finger pointing at all.

Im assuming something must have been deleted because I think those whove posted, so far, on this thread have shown utmost respect without any finger pointing at all.

Nope nothing deleted but had seemingly attracted a troll who didn’t get very far thankfully

Nope nothing deleted but had seemingly attracted a troll who didn’t get very far thankfully

I suppose it’s how you define troll?

Maybe somebody had a valid point on a sensitive subject?

I define troll by whatever criteria the moderators adopt

Sensitive subject and public forum is a little oil and water I suggest ?
All I’m saying is if you were a victim (not necessarily in this case) then it would only be natural to try and put your point across.

If the ‘troll’ was a victim (again, not necessarily in this case) then it seems a bit harsh to be called as such as they probably never chose the situation they found themselves in.

I hope that makes sense.

All I’m saying is if you were a victim (not necessarily in this case) then it would only be natural to try and put your point across.

If the ‘troll’ was a victim (again, not necessarily in this case) then it seems a bit harsh to be called as such as they probably never chose the situation they found themselves in.

I hope that makes sense.

This sort of scenario had crossed my mind too.

Update on this. Mr Aspden resurfaced soon after he disappeared. All safe and well.

Was due in court earlier this week. Didn't appear and has fled the country. Say no more.

KeithLard;n3423742 said:
Update on this. Mr Aspden resurfaced soon after he disappeared. All safe and well.

Was due in court earlier this week. Didn't appear and has fled the country. Say no more.

Any of you above still want to defend his anonymity?

Anyone want to apologise for calling the victim a troll?

KeithLard;n3423742 said:

Wow! All a bit damning really isn't it? To think , I've met him on a few occasions when his Springfield team have been the opposition. Sad times for local grass roots football

buckshawwhite;n3423989 said:
Wow! All a bit damning really isn't it? To think , I've met him on a few occasions when his Springfield team have been the opposition. Sad times for local grass roots football

Sad times for the victims and the families more like.

Nobber;n3302263 said:
Do you not think it is hard enough to go to the police if you had been assaulted, knowing that you may need examinations, inform your family details of what happened, grilling, court cases etc without the thought that it could be all over the papers/social media?

As I said above I can see both sides, but true victims need protection. What I would say is that anyone proven to make up stuff should serve a minimum of five years, no parole. Maybe that would make people think twice.

Sounds fair to me.

KeithLard;n3423742 said:

Why aren't the police taking the passports off these people? Just like that manslaughter case at the moment... I know police resources are stretched thin but surely that should be part of the charge conditions until the hearing?