PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

David Nugent

When he's called on, he's miles better than Stockley and the like.

But sadly he can't be called on too often, or for too long.

Great for cameos like tonight though.

Game changed when he came on.
Why he doesn't start is beyond me (Maguire must be bumming someone) and although only good for 60/70 mins chance s are we would be leading when he runs out of steam.

In the championship experience is everything, nugent came on and everything linked together. Must start sat... Ben Davis outstanding tonight. The finishing 11 must start against Millwall sat.

Nugent must be used wisely. Perfect for last 30-40 mins. imho McGuire needs to be rested And as Sinclair finds fitness Zi thunk this will happen.

In the championship experience is everything, nugent came on and everything linked together. Must start sat... Ben Davis outstanding tonight. The finishing 11 must start against Millwall sat.
I don’t think Gally Browne DJ and Pearson will start together. I don’t think it works too well, good to close out the game tho. Sinclair or harrop will come back in

Maguire and Nugent offer something Different, Maguire can also get back and help. Think he's lacking a little confidence. Nugent is an experienced head, he knows what he is doing. Maguire can learn a lot from Nugent. Lets lay off the players and back them to the finish.
whatever Maguire offers we have other players who do it better.
not the same player since his hammy issues

Nugents class & experience changed the game, Maguire's injury was probably a blessing in disguise, the whole team gelled when he came on.
Davies, Pearson, Rudd & Barky were Immense but the whole team pulled together as one, they showed magnificent team spirit in that second half. I'm well proud of them.

whatever Maguire offers we have other players who do it better.
not the same player since his hammy issues
Maybe, but he's in a WINNING team so must be doing something right. He's an important player, he will come good again. To be honest he's not as bad as people have made out from what I have seen, I think 1 miss placed pass and got the ball took off him once in the 1st half. He was well marked and whilst teams are doing that, it allows other players to go on perform better. Maguire, Barky, Sinclair, Nugent and Harrop have played the position swapping well this season and it's working. Nugent and Sinclair can teach the younger lads a thing or two. But all the players offer something different and atm it's working.

Maybe, but he's in a WINNING team so must be doing something right. He's an important player, he will come good again. To be honest he's not as bad as people have made out from what I have seen, I think 1 miss placed pass and got the ball took off him once in the 1st half. He was well marked and whilst teams are doing that, it allows other players to go on perform better. Maguire, Barky, Sinclair, Nugent and Harrop have played the position swapping well this season and it's working. Nugent and Sinclair can teach the younger lads a thing or two. But all the players offer something different and atm it's working.
My question is why is he starting?
He's not our best player in any position so imo should be on the bench

Really don’t get why Maguire has become such a target of hate for some of our fans, so weird.

He looks very low on confidence to me at the moment.

Should we have signed better in January to lead the line, yes but he works his socks off like the rest of the team and you’re right in saying there‘s a bit of an obsession currently surrounding him.

He looks very low on confidence to me at the moment.
Certainly looks that way but we don't have many options. Nugent and Stockley are not starters for me but they can come on with 30 to go and really influence a game when we are struggling up front.