PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

David Nugent

When he's sub I love how he always comes out to warm up right after half time with his full kit on ready to go knowing he's getting in the managers eye as if he's almost forcing him to bring him on....

He did very well against Stoke. There's a big difference though between leading the line from the start of games every week and coming on to make a difference for half an hour every now and then.

As we knew during both transfer windows this season, our current bunch of strikers can offer something off the bench or for certain games from the start, but the missing piece for us is probably a first team centre forward.

He loves every minute of it when on the pitch. Can imagine, not only is he a good asset for the last 20-30 minute of games, he is great to have about the squad.

Hope he bags the winner to take us up

our current bunch of strikers can offer something off the bench or for certain games from the start, but the missing piece for us is probably a first team centre forward.

Agreed that Nugent cannot play 90 minutes week-in, week-out but 60 minutes with some regularity ought to be possible. Stockley probably ought to get a few starts as well. Maguire is proving fitful as a regular starter upfront and perhaps he would benefit from being held back at times until the last half-hour.

Nugents class & experience changed the game, Maguire's injury was probably a blessing in disguise, the whole team gelled when he came on.
Davies, Pearson, Rudd & Barky were Immense but the whole team pulled together as one, they showed magnificent team spirit in that second half. I'm well proud of them.

A proper No. 9 they said on the Radio

A big fuck off to those who classed it nothing more than a ‘sentimental signing’ and ‘doesn’t offer anything’

Streets ahead of Sean Maguire and cant believe how many games AN has left him unused this season.

UP THE FUCKING WHITES
Well I am one of those who still class it as sentimental
he has some decent moments but as we saw today the edge has gone
that was a cracking chance and he sent into row z
its great having him I agree but he simply doesn’t score and boy oh boy at this stage we need goals more than ever - he is a luxury we can ill afford

Last edited: