Dear England

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Wonderfully written by Southgate.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

#ItsComingHome 🙏

He’s a good egg is Southgate (and I emphasised with his memories of Robson’s goal and Blissett’s hat trick) but I find it difficult to reconcile his comments with the adverse publicity surrounding the likes of Walker, Maguire, Grealish, Foden, Sterling and Pickford over the last year or two.

Are we really talking about role models or just a bunch of lads with too much money that aren’t really role models at all?

I don’t follow this generation too closely, on or off the pitch, apart from the odd headline (from which it would appear the Rashford is something of a creditable exception), so what am I missing?

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
I wasn’t impressed with Southgate when he was appointed and I’ve never taken to him since.

But we have a decent squad and a chance. IMO that’s despite Southgate rather than because of him.

BPIG - GBNF

Forum Patron
Patron
He’s a good egg is Southgate (and I emphasised with his memories of Robson’s goal and Blissett’s hat trick) but I find it difficult to reconcile his comments with the adverse publicity surrounding the likes of Walker, Maguire, Grealish, Foden, Sterling and Pickford over the last year or two.

Are we really talking about role models or just a bunch of lads with too much money that aren’t really role models at all?

I don’t follow this generation too closely, on or off the pitch, apart from the odd headline (from which it would appear the Rashford is something of a creditable exception), so what am I missing?
None of them choose to be role models, it’s something that is (unfairly imo) thrust upon them simply because they’re talented with a ball at their feet.

They’re very young lads and most of them are under-educated because they’ve been pushed through by the clubs they were at as kids. Sometimes they will slip up, as most young lads do. I’m grateful that my every move wasn’t publicised from a young age tbh.

It’s a quality letter from Southgate, shame he’s a shit manager. Seems like a top bloke like.

pne4ever

Manager
Not sure that holding up drink driving, lockdown breaking Jack Grealish as a role model is the most sensible thing to do 🤔

BPIG - GBNF

Forum Patron
Patron
Not sure that holding up drink driving, lockdown breaking Jack Grealish as a role model is the most sensible thing to do 🤔
Might want to delete that, Grealish has never been done for drink driving.

And let’s not pretend any of us didn’t break lockdown rules at some point. If I had followed every rule I wouldn’t have seen my girlfriend for 6 months.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
Humble? I can think of many words to describe English (and other) footballers but 'humble' isn't one of them, not these days anyway.

Marcus rashford is probably one of the most ‘humble’ celebrities out there. He knows he had a tough child hood and willing to help kids like him.

Jordan Henderson does a lot of work for charity.

Sterling with his vocal opinion on Racisim.

Im sure there are more examples to name who have done good work for others and don’t just think about themselves.

pnesaint

Manager
Marcus rashford is probably one of the most ‘humble’ celebrities out there. He knows he had a tough child hood and willing to help kids like him.

Jordan Henderson does a lot of work for charity.

Sterling with his vocal opinion on Racisim.

Im sure there are more examples to name who have done good work for others and don’t just think about themselves.

Ah yes, St Marcus of Rashford. Patron saint of spongers everywhere. Wants the government to take responsibility for feeding the children rather than the parents. Guess what Marcus, free meals aren't free they have to be paid for by the rest of the populations taxes. If people bring children into this world then they should be prepared to look after them and not rely on other people to do it for them.

Yes some footballers do do charitable things - then go onto instagram or facebook or whatever to tell us how virtuous they are.

Meanwhile the rest are driving around in flash cars, screwing every bimbo they can find and flouting the laws and rules like they don't apply to them.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
Ah yes, St Marcus of Rashford. Patron saint of spongers everywhere. Wants the government to take responsibility for feeding the children rather than the parents. Guess what Marcus, free meals aren't free they have to be paid for by the rest of the populations taxes. If people bring children into this world then they should be prepared to look after them and not rely on other people to do it for them.

Yes some footballers do do charitable things - then go onto instagram or facebook or whatever to tell us how virtuous they are.

Meanwhile the rest are driving around in flash cars, screwing every bimbo they can find and flouting the laws and rules like they don't apply to them.

Dont tarnish all footballers as bimbo shagging, law breaking knob heads. Make you seem a bit insecure and jealous.

Plus the first paragraph is the biggest load of shite I’ve ever read.

Funky Monk

Forum Patron
Patron

Disgusting. Hope you never fall on hard times and have to rely on the state for some help mate.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron

A post full of bitterness, selfishness and jealousy.

Not a single shred of the English values of compassion and tolerance, instead its full of hatred, bitterness and envy.

And you dare to fly our flag in your avatar.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron

I hope that you have/did turn down Child Benefit payments.....state money to fund your responsibilities eh?

MrHodgeheg123

Tickety-boo

Many people fall onto hard times for no fault of their own so your comment is an over generalisation to put it mildly.
As for the other comment you make, I don't see that being any different to what I was doing in my late teens and early twenties. Apart from the flash car bit.

Realistic

usual liker
Patron
A post full of bitterness, selfishness and jealousy.

Not a single shred of the English values of compassion and tolerance, instead its full of hatred, bitterness and envy.

And you dare to fly our flag in your avatar.
Don't agree with all his post but there is some fair comment in there to be fair to be fair. I said, I said. EDIT I can point it out if you like, though I'd rather not.

Last edited: