Dear England

hulabaloo

Forum Patron
Patron
Finally got round to reading this letter from Gareth (after taking one look at the length 1st time round and thinking sod that).

I cant help but think that whatever happens, I'll always have the utmost respect for the way he has carried himself as Eng manager. 2018 he finally endeared himself to the everyday fan, we loved his waistcoat, but also loved that he was finally changing the way England play. The media appreciated the way he gave them access and controlled connections with the players in a positive environment. To me, he epitomises a gentleman and that letter reads so well. I believe him.

He wrote about his first memory of a tournament, I recall my first vivid memories as a 9 year old during Euro 96. One of which was apportioning blame and ridiculing the lacklustre defender who missed the most important penalty and who came across as lame. That player being Southgate, I've gone full circle and truly hope he can lead us to our first major tournament win in over 50 years. All it takes is a bit of luck...passion...or something special, just ask Greece or the 92 Denmark side.

Aqueous

Advisor to the Owner
Finally got round to reading this letter from Gareth (after taking one look at the length 1st time round and thinking sod that).

I cant help but think that whatever happens, I'll always have the utmost respect for the way he has carried himself as Eng manager. 2018 he finally endeared himself to the everyday fan, we loved his waistcoat, but also loved that he was finally changing the way England play. The media appreciated the way he gave them access and controlled connections with the players in a positive environment. To me, he epitomises a gentleman and that letter reads so well. I believe him.

He wrote about his first memory of a tournament, I recall my first vivid memories as a 9 year old during Euro 96. One of which was apportioning blame and ridiculing the lacklustre defender who missed the most important penalty and who came across as lame. That player being Southgate, I've gone full circle and truly hope he can lead us to our first major tournament win in over 50 years. All it takes is a bit of luck...passion...or something special, just ask Greece or the 92 Denmark side.
We certainly have the players to compete to the end of the competition, as long as a couple of them (at least) are on top form. Kane would be a big help if he had his finishing boots on the whole time.

pne4ever

Manager
Might want to delete that, Grealish has never been done for drink driving.

And let’s not pretend any of us didn’t break lockdown rules at some point. If I had followed every rule I wouldn’t have seen my girlfriend for 6 months.
Ok, banned for nine months for careless driving while breaking lockdown.
If seeing your girlfriend was worth possibly infecting and potentially killing someone then you're part of the reason these restrictions will actually be with us one form or another for ever.
I honestly cannot see an away day trip again in my lifetime. Hope I'm wrong.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
If seeing your girlfriend was worth possibly infecting and potentially killing someone then you're part of the reason these restrictions will actually be with us one form or another for ever.
At some stage we will all have to learn with it, Im afraid, especially once the vaccinations have been made available to everyone.

Go enjoy the away days, I dont do many now but I know for many theyre a lifeline to their own mental health.

Lets be honest, after watching that game last night, we should all realise just how fragile and precious our lives are. We cant spend them forever in fear of this virus. Get out and do what you do, my friend.

BPIG - GBNF

Forum Patron
Patron
It absolutely was worth it. Sorry

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
At some stage we will all have to learn with it, Im afraid, especially once the vaccinations have been made available to everyone.

Go enjoy the away days, I dont do many now but I know for many theyre a lifeline to their own mental health.

Lets be honest, after watching that game last night, we should all realise just how fragile and precious our lives are. We cant spend them forever in fear of this virus. Get out and do what you do, my friend.

Raefil. I salute you. This is a quality post.

Waddie

Forum Patron
Patron
'we'll maybe question if David Marshall is too far out of his goal' has been the only comment I've heard!!!
WTF was he the goalie doing up there in the first place?