PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Gentry Day - 2024 Dedications & Tributes

JK

Cult Leader
Staff member
Patron
dedications 24 copy.png

The away match at Watford on Saturday 6th April 2023 has been selected for this years annual Gentry Day.

Whilst our supporters are enjoying themselves on the day it is right to remember what Gentry Day is all about, which is remembering members of the North End & Preston community who are no longer with us.

Once again PNE-Online are proud to support Gentry Day and as ever we invite you to post tributes and dedications for people you would wish to be remembered by the Preston North End supporters on Gentry Day at Vicarage Road.

Feel free to post as much or little detail as you like.

Those donning their bowlers 'darn sarf' will do so in their memory.

General Gentry Day & Ticket Discussions
Gentry Day on Facebook
@pnegentry
www.gentryday.uk

Match Tickets & Official Coach Travel

Last edited:
Well I will be the first to contribute as it were.

Literally just got a text from a co-worker that one of the custodians at our school(Jeff) passed away a couple hours ago. He had been on medical leave for awhile but last report we had was that he was on the mend. Not 100 percent sure what he passed away from, but had been having some severe issues with his lungs.

Was a great guy and great co-worker. Leaves behind a wife, a son, and a grandchild.

PNE supporters on Gentry Day to remember him would be wonderful.

Thank you friends,

Ryan

Graham David Irving
#gdi442
Graham will be watching from Heaven on Gentry Day
Son, brother, cousin, nephew and biggest PNE fan taken at very suddenly at just 26 years old with Cancer Unknown Primary
25.09.85 - 22.07.12
Rest in Peace Graham wearing your PNE

Graham David Irving
#gdi442
Son, brother, cousin, nephew and biggest PNE fan taken at very suddenly at just 26 years old with Cancer Unknown Primary
25.09.85 - 22.07.12
I always remember gdi posting on here back in the day…… RIP young man.

Graham David Irving
#gdi442
25.09.85 - 22.07.12
I never knew Graham but I think about him often because I remember his posts and the love of the game he had. I also remember his young age and thinking how unfair it was. RIP Graham even though we never met, you will always be remembered.

Last edited:
I would like to add my Dad not because he was a PNE fan but because of his love of Preston as a City that was instilled in me too. I would also like to remember my friends Harry Bamford who died a few months ago. Ilene, the most beautiful funny lady who had coach 1 named after her. My friend Jenny who died a few years ago but is always remembered and of course the wonderful Stuart Bolton and Shaky and Dirk (I cant remember his username properly but he was the one with the avatar😉) God bless them all.

I would like to add my Dad not because he was a PNE fan but because of his love of Preston as a City that was instilled in me too. I would also like to remember my friends Harry Bamford who died a few months ago. Ilene, the most beautiful funny lady who had coach 1 named after her. My friend Jenny who died a few years ago but is always remembered and of course the wonderful Stuart Bolton and Shaky and Dirk (I cant remember his username properly but he was the one with the avatar😉) God bless them all.
Had a tear in my eye watching this…

My daughter Caroline did the recording of this and I still have copy.
Ilene used to deliver our paper on a Wednesday and pop into our house for quick brew and a biscuit.
She would set off back home over two hours later to make Norms tea.
Very very fondly remembered.

Would love my Late Father In Law Arthur Jackson (President of Bamber Bridge FC) and Season ticket holder at PNE for many years to be included in Gentry Day. He loved the Billy Davies era and Arthur used to give him sweets to chew on during the match. King Billy affectionately called him ‘The sweetie man’. Great memories

What a loveable character, certainly out to live life to the full.