PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Gentry Day - 2024 Dedications & Tributes

I would like to mention my dad, Kevin Bullen he was 88, he died on the 11th February 2024 because I will be taking many memories of him.
He started supporting North End from a very early age and told about his trips to Wembley in 1954 and 1964, he told about great players he watched, like Finney, Doherty, Shanklin, Wayman and Dawson.
My dad introduced me to Deepdale on 15th March 1969 at the age of 8 he sat me on the rail above the players tunnel, a 1-0 defeat to Cardiff didn't bother me and soon I built up my own memories with dad, Man Utd 1972, Best, Kidd, Charlton, Law, beating the FA cup holders Sunderland 2-0 1973 Tony Morley scored a screamer, my best memory was coming home from school in 1974, dad said "Kevin I've got us tickets for Carlisle away on Saturday" my first away game, he said "apparently North End have spent £70,000 on a player from Doncaster, he must be a good un" he said. O how right he was, Mike Elwiss is still and always will be my favourite player, along with Alex Bruce, Ricky Thompson, Brian Mooney, Gary Swann and many more I've seen some good players and attended some good games and been to many away grounds especially in the days of the special trains, being marched through Bradford, Burnley, Blackburn, Shrewsbury and Chester (Nigel Jemson last minute winner) and of course the Old Wembley stadium, the Millennium stadium and Swindon 4-0
My dad had his memories and I would like to thank him for mine, RIP dad, see you all on Gentry day

I would like to mention my dad, Kevin Bullen he was 88, he died on the 11th February 2024 because I will be taking many memories of him.
He started supporting North End from a very early age and told about his trips to Wembley in 1954 and 1964, he told about great players he watched, like Finney, Doherty, Shanklin, Wayman and Dawson.
My dad introduced me to Deepdale on 15th March 1969 at the age of 8 he sat me on the rail above the players tunnel, a 1-0 defeat to Cardiff didn't bother me and soon I built up my own memories with dad, Man Utd 1972, Best, Kidd, Charlton, Law, beating the FA cup holders Sunderland 2-0 1973 Tony Morley scored a screamer, my best memory was coming home from school in 1974, dad said "Kevin I've got us tickets for Carlisle away on Saturday" my first away game, he said "apparently North End have spent £70,000 on a player from Doncaster, he must be a good un" he said. O how right he was, Mike Elwiss is still and always will be my favourite player, along with Alex Bruce, Ricky Thompson, Brian Mooney, Gary Swann and many more I've seen some good players and attended some good games and been to many away grounds especially in the days of the special trains, being marched through Bradford, Burnley, Blackburn, Shrewsbury and Chester (Nigel Jemson last minute winner) and of course the Old Wembley stadium, the Millennium stadium and Swindon 4-0
My dad had his memories and I would like to thank him for mine, RIP dad, see you all on Gentry day
Sorry thats Docherty and Shankley

Great memories Bully 👍

Had a tear in my eye watching this…
She was an amazing lady. A true character who had time for everyone.

Sorely, sorely missed.

Same as every year,

Me dad, god bless you sir you were/are everything. Love you, miss you, thanks for everything.

And Dave Bolton, a great bloke.
I used to like that Butter Pie flag that Dave Bolton had……

I once got Johnny Macken ( Trev ) to make me a t shirt with the same message on

“ True Prestonians Love a Butter Pie “

Ilene was always at the front of coach 1 along with Cyril. I was at QPR on Grand National day when she was dressed as a horse and jockey in Trevor Hemmings’ colours and couldn’t get through the turnstiles so they opened a gate to let her enter. I’ve got a picture of her going in somewhere. What a fan and what a lady, always had a smile on her face.😀😀

My late Dad, Ricky.
Had to take me on Deepdale from a young age as Mum had two mill jobs & the 2nd one was on Saturdays.
Sadly I can't remember owt before 62/63 season but still have the season ticket books he got for me from the following seasons of the 60s.
Took me in his van with him & his mates to every round of the 64 cup run. This was back in the days when everyone supported
their home town team.
Didn't know at the time that that was as good as it was going to get for me with North End, but thanks for the best memories Dad.
A true gent and honest as the day is long. Much loved & missed by all who knew him.

My late Dad, Ricky.
Had to take me on Deepdale from a young age as Mum had two mill jobs & the 2nd one was on Saturdays.
Sadly I can't remember owt before 62/63 season but still have the season ticket books he got for me from the following seasons of the 60s.
Took me in his van with him & his mates to every round of the 64 cup run. This was back in the days when everyone supported
their home town team.
Didn't know at the time that that was as good as it was going to get for me with North End, but thanks for the best memories Dad.
A true gent and honest as the day is long. Much loved & missed by all who knew him.
He sounds like a top man 👍🏻👍🏻

View attachment 19890

The away match at Watford on Saturday 6th April 2023 has been selected for this years annual Gentry Day.

Whilst our supporters are enjoying themselves on the day it is right to remember what Gentry Day is all about, which is remembering members of the North End & Preston community who are no longer with us.

Once again PNE-Online are proud to support Gentry Day and as ever we invite you to post tributes and dedications for people you would wish to be remembered by the Preston North End supporters on Gentry Day at Vicarage Road.

Feel free to post as much or little detail as you like.

Those donning their bowlers 'darn sarf' will do so in their memory.

General Gentry Day & Ticket Discussions
Gentry Day on Facebook
@pnegentry
www.gentryday.uk

Match Tickets & Official Coach Travel
As a fan, now, of 69 seasons watching PNE, I would like to remember my Dad and Grandad, who brought me into the PNE family in 1954. Both are long gone, but our family history of following PNE now extends to 5 generations and 99 years, with my grandson the latest in line. A shout out to Jim Clift and George Billing, watching down from up there.

As a fan, now, of 69 seasons watching PNE, I would like to remember my Dad and Grandad, who brought me into the PNE family in 1954. Both are long gone, but our family history of following PNE now extends to 5 generations and 99 years, with my grandson the latest in line. A shout out to Jim Clift and George Billing, watching down from up there.

'54 same year I was introduced to the match day experience at the age of eight. My Dad finally gave in to my pestering him to take me with him. I remember trotting along beside him as he hurried down Blackpool Rd. to the game. We then met up with Grandad and two uncles (my Dad's brothers). Great times, great memories. God Bless 'em all.