PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Defunct grounds

Probably this has been done before but how many PNE away games have you been to at grounds which no longer exist. Me:-

Bolton, Wigan, Huddersfield, Hull, Doncaster, Sunderland, Bristol Rovers, Arsenal, Rotherham, Chester, Walsall, Coventry, Stoke, Man City, Derby

Possibly more but those spring to mind at the moment.
Not many for me as I've never been a regular away fan: Rotherham, Man City ...and Shrewsbury (not to a game but passing through on bike trip and asked if I could go inside to take photos).

PS, does the 'old' Wembley count?

Ayresome Park, Burnden Park, Goldstone Ground, Withdean Stadium, Wimbledon's old ground can't remember its name though is their present ground on exactly the same site, Elm Park, Upton Park, White Hart Lane, The Den, Sealand Road - pretty sure I did go there once, Brentford - forgotten its name, Layer Road, Coventry - can't remember its name either, Saltergate. I think that's the lot. There was at one time an idea that PNE might relocate to a new stadium by the water in the old docks - so instead of Deepdale we might now play at maybe Dockside or the River Ribble Stadium. On the whole pleased we have stayed where always have been.

Goldstone Ground which I think may have been Brian Mooney’s debut in 1987
I went to the Goldstone Ground in 1977 on a special train… we lost 2-0.

The locals weren’t so friendly , they tossed a big slab of concrete into the middle of the 500 Nobbers during the first half…

It was mayhem after the game as we headed back to the train station , mind you , that was the 70’s for you….

Thank you. it was around that time. Remember our coach arriving at 3:15!
It was a bummer when that happened … I went to Cambridge on Mercer’s once and we got there about 3-15pm after loads of people asked the driver to stop for a wee break.

A 6 hour journey and we ended up missing the first 15 minutes..