PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Derby player stabbed, Andre Wisdom (in a stable condition)

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Derby Defender, Stabbed in robbery. Absolutely shocking news.

Derby County defender Andre Wisdom is stable in hospital after being stabbed in an "unprovoked assault and robbery" in Liverpool.

The club confirmed on Monday that Wisdom had been robbed in Toxteth while visiting relatives.

They said the 27-year-old will make a full recovery and that Merseyside police are investigating the incident.

"The club will focus its efforts on supporting Andre and his family," a Derby statement read.

Wisdom joined Liverpool in 2012 and made 14 appearances before leaving for Derby in 2017.

He featured in the Rams' 2-1 Championship victory over Sunderland on Saturday.

Derby Defender, Stabbed in robbery. Absolutely shocking news.

Derby County defender Andre Wisdom is stable in hospital after being stabbed in an "unprovoked assault and robbery" in Liverpool.

The club confirmed on Monday that Wisdom had been robbed in Toxteth while visiting relatives.

They said the 27-year-old will make a full recovery and that Merseyside police are investigating the incident.

"The club will focus its efforts on supporting Andre and his family," a Derby statement read.

Wisdom joined Liverpool in 2012 and made 14 appearances before leaving for Derby in 2017.

He featured in the Rams' 2-1 Championship victory over Sunderland on Saturday.

It was Reading wasn’t it?

I lived in Toxteth during the riots back in 1982. It was a dangerous place then, seems it stil is.

Main thing is Wisdom’s OK and should recover without long term problems. Good luck to him.

I lived in Toxteth during the riots back in 1982. It was a dangerous place then, seems it stil is.

Main thing is Wisdom’s OK and should recover without long term problems. Good luck to him.
No they had played Reading and he had gone home to drop some presents off for family

Do footballers not understand that we are on lockdown. Taking presents to a relative in Liverpool is not an essential journey. He should be disciplined for this - but guess what, that's not going to happen.

Do footballers not understand that we are on lockdown. Taking presents to a relative in Liverpool is not an essential journey. He should be disciplined for this - but guess what, that's not going to happen.
We arent told to only make essential journies anymore but excellent use of victim blaming.

The article said they had just played Sunderland. That’s what LiS was querying.

Well spotted, I Didn't pick on the Error.

1. You are allowed to visit Parents now, (social Bubble)
2. He could of been dropping them off at the Door

So

doh-1.jpg

1981. Only reason I know this is because I wrote my dissertation on it at Liverpool Uni 10 years later. You're right though, a rum place!!

To be fair, many of the houses in Toxtexth are lovely looking. Well they were 30 years ago. Pretty much built on The Slave Trade though. Bristol the same

To be fair, many of the houses in Toxtexth are lovely looking. Well they were 30 years ago. Pretty much built on The Slave Trade though. Bristol the same
Beautiful buildings at one time home to Solicitors, Doctors and the likes. Upper Parliament Street and other streets in the area boast some magnificent buildings similar to what you'll find in Mayfair and Kensington that today would cost £Millions.
Many now in flats and bed sits but I did have cause to go there some years ago to look at some properties and the area seemed ok.