Dianne Oxberry

AndySaville

First Team
Really shocked at the death of BBC North West weather girl and presenter Dianne Oxberry who has passed away at 51.

Someone I grew up with and who 'joined us for dinner' nearly every week night as dad insisted on having BBC on before Granada.

A lovely person who will be missed by a lot of people not least her young family.

Heartbreaking.
 
Last edited:

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron
Agree, shocked this morning when it was announced on the news, almost a family member in most households around the county.RIP Dianne and my thoughts are with your family.
 

janiejones

First Team
I remember Dianne when she was on radio one with Simon Mayo. I went to the radio one roadshow, circa 1990, in Morecambe, when Mayo and Dianne, danced on stage dressed as ninja turtles. Such a shame. RIP Dianne.
 

Minty pne

Forum Patron
Patron
Shocked when I saw this. Was hard watching North West tonight, could see how hard it was for the presenters.
 

Ando60

First Team
Minty pne;n3421750 said:
Shocked when I saw this. Was hard watching North West tonight, could see how hard it was for the presenters.
I agree with this Minty - it was very sad.

Angela Tiffin struggled at the end when she was explaining that they wouldn't read the weather out of respect - poor girl broke down !!
 

shabbagaz

Forum Patron
Patron
Gobsmacked when I heard the news this morning. She was a fantastic presenter and a very familiar face.

RIP Dianne.
 

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
Was genuinely in shock when I heard this today.

That is no age and tragic, been on our telly for years and always had a smile on her face.
 

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
Just seen this news, I'm gobsmacked. Extremely sad.

So young too. Same age as my mum....scary.

God bless her.
 

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
Exactly the same sentiments from myself as all the above. I think maybe because it’s local telly that we all saw her on every night, it somehow makes it feel more emotional. I remember from Radio 1 in the 80’s when she was one of Steve Wright’s afternoon gang. I was stunned when I heard the news this afternoon. Terribly sad.
 

Dirty Harry

First Team
Tragic news, she seemed a lovely lady and had become, for us, one of those local news presenters who are so good at what they do they become part of your family tea-time in the same way as folk like Bob Greaves and Gordon Burns did going back a few years.
 

Preston Lad

Forum Patron
Patron
Dirty Harry;n3421940 said:
Tragic news, she seemed a lovely lady and had become, for us, one of those local news presenters who are so good at what they do they become part of your family tea-time in the same way as folk like Bob Greaves and Gordon Burns did going back a few years.
You’re right Harry.

Only found out when I got in from work yesterday and I was genuinely shocked.

What a shame.
 

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron
Ando60;n3421770 said:
I agree with this Minty - it was very sad.

Angela Tiffin struggled at the end when she was explaining that they wouldn't read the weather out of respect - poor girl broke down !!
That was hard to watch last night.
 

Ando60

First Team
Dirty Harry;n3421940 said:
Tragic news, she seemed a lovely lady and had become, for us, one of those local news presenters who are so good at what they do they become part of your family tea-time in the same way as folk like Bob Greaves and Gordon Burns did going back a few years.
Bob Greaves ..... I'd forgot about him !!

he was a good un
 

Dirty Harry

First Team
Ando60;n3421999 said:
Bob Greaves ..... I'd forgot about him !!

he was a good un
I always remember the 70s Liverpool defender Joey Jones talking on the telly about a sitter he missed in a match, saying 'my finishing was more Bob Greaves than Jimmy Greaves'.
 
Top