PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Dianne Oxberry

Really shocked at the death of BBC North West weather girl and presenter Dianne Oxberry who has passed away at 51.

Someone I grew up with and who 'joined us for dinner' nearly every week night as dad insisted on having BBC on before Granada.

A lovely person who will be missed by a lot of people not least her young family.

Heartbreaking.

Last edited:
Agree, shocked this morning when it was announced on the news, almost a family member in most households around the county.RIP Dianne and my thoughts are with your family.

I remember Dianne when she was on radio one with Simon Mayo. I went to the radio one roadshow, circa 1990, in Morecambe, when Mayo and Dianne, danced on stage dressed as ninja turtles. Such a shame. RIP Dianne.

Shocked when I saw this. Was hard watching North West tonight, could see how hard it was for the presenters.

Minty pne;n3421750 said:
Shocked when I saw this. Was hard watching North West tonight, could see how hard it was for the presenters.

I agree with this Minty - it was very sad.

Angela Tiffin struggled at the end when she was explaining that they wouldn't read the weather out of respect - poor girl broke down !!

Gobsmacked when I heard the news this morning. She was a fantastic presenter and a very familiar face.

RIP Dianne.

Was genuinely in shock when I heard this today.

That is no age and tragic, been on our telly for years and always had a smile on her face.

Just seen this news, I'm gobsmacked. Extremely sad.

So young too. Same age as my mum....scary.

God bless her.

Exactly the same sentiments from myself as all the above. I think maybe because it’s local telly that we all saw her on every night, it somehow makes it feel more emotional. I remember from Radio 1 in the 80’s when she was one of Steve Wright’s afternoon gang. I was stunned when I heard the news this afternoon. Terribly sad.

Tragic news, she seemed a lovely lady and had become, for us, one of those local news presenters who are so good at what they do they become part of your family tea-time in the same way as folk like Bob Greaves and Gordon Burns did going back a few years.

Dirty Harry;n3421940 said:
Tragic news, she seemed a lovely lady and had become, for us, one of those local news presenters who are so good at what they do they become part of your family tea-time in the same way as folk like Bob Greaves and Gordon Burns did going back a few years.

You’re right Harry.

Only found out when I got in from work yesterday and I was genuinely shocked.

What a shame.

As all above. The bbc team are a great little group and she will be missed. A really beautiful person inside and out.

Ando60;n3421770 said:
I agree with this Minty - it was very sad.

Angela Tiffin struggled at the end when she was explaining that they wouldn't read the weather out of respect - poor girl broke down !!

That was hard to watch last night.

Dirty Harry;n3421940 said:

Bob Greaves ..... I'd forgot about him !!

he was a good un

Ando60;n3421999 said:
Bob Greaves ..... I'd forgot about him !!

he was a good un
I always remember the 70s Liverpool defender Joey Jones talking on the telly about a sitter he missed in a match, saying 'my finishing was more Bob Greaves than Jimmy Greaves'.