PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Did anyone expect a win today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's half correct. Hemmings has totally fucked over Neil and he certainly doesn't look like a man who is getting away with anything. He looks like a man who knows the game and knows his squad isn't good enough. He can't do much about that given the lack of support from upstairs.

The mob is always right though. Sack Neil and it will be candyfloss and rainbows for the remainder of the season.
Are you Pro Hemmings?

I think everyone expected a defeat, not 4-1 though, however with our 2 attacking wingers as fullbacks what chance did we have, Christ give the youth lads a go who play in that position.

Not bothered now. Chorley have just made my weekend. We'll done chorley
One thing I noticed about the Chorley performance - they didn't care whether they were expected to win tonight.

They didn't let a bit of perspective put them off.

We used to approach Championship games like that too.

Nowadays though, we seem to surrender to perspective and what's expected of us before a ball is kicked.

'Lack of support from upstairs'...what utter nonsense. If TH was to put in any more club would be close to breaking FFP rukes and having points docked!!! in the last decade the club has now cost him over £100m. Wage bill now over £19m a season....and even in a good season gate income little over £4m.

The ones who do not back PNE are the fickle supporters who come on sites like this , profess to be fans but hardly ever go on or put theitr money where their mouths are.

Watford wage bill last season was £46m , and has they have kept most players won't be much different this season. Troy Deeney on £65,000 a week, Andre Gray £70,000.

The position we are in the league reflects the clubs wage bill wjich is around or better than one-third of the division. Preston is not big enough and club can't attract enough supporters to expect any better.

I also thought we played well today for the greater part and showed some fight, also AN did what he could with the formation. We were beaten by a side with superior quality. It happens!

Chorley are 89 places and 4 Divisions behind Peterborough, in the League ladder. North End were 10 places behind Watford, in the same Division. Yet PNE fans are told we should expect to lose?????

I just don’t accept this, Alex Neil clearly does. I wonder what he’ll consider a positive result at Bournemouth? I doubt he’ll Be telling the players they can win. By contrast Chorley believed tonight that they wouldn’t lose. Self belief and confidence is massive in football. Alex Neil does not inspire anyone. Hence no self belief and no confidence, we are beaten before kick off.

'Lack of support from upstairs'...what utter nonsense. If TH was to put in any more club would be close to breaking FFP rukes and having points docked!!! in the last decade the club has now cost him over £100m. Wage bill now over £19m a season....and even in a good season gate income little over £4m.

The ones who do not back PNE are the fickle supporters who come on sites like this , profess to be fans but hardly ever go on or put theitr money where their mouths are.

Watford wage bill last season was £46m , and has they have kept most players won't be much different this season. Troy Deeney on £65,000 a week, Andre Gray £70,000.

The position we are in the league reflects the clubs wage bill wjich is around or better than one-third of the division. Preston is not big enough and club can't attract enough supporters to expect any better.

I also thought we played well today for the greater part and showed some fight, also AN did what he could with the formation. We were beaten by a side with superior quality. It happens!

Thank god. Some sanity.

Chorley are 89 places and 4 Divisions behind Peterborough, in the League ladder. North End were 10 places behind Watford, in the same Division. Yet PNE fans are told we should expect to lose?????

I just don’t accept this, Alex Neil clearly does. I wonder what he’ll consider a positive result at Bournemouth? I doubt he’ll Be telling the players they can win. By contrast Chorley believed tonight that they wouldn’t lose. Self belief and confidence is massive in football. Alex Neil does not inspire anyone. Hence no self belief and no confidence, we are beaten before kick off.

What about the wins this season on the road? Doesn't reflect what you are saying.

One thing I noticed about the Chorley performance - they didn't care whether they were expected to win tonight.

They didn't let a bit of perspective put them off.

We used to approach Championship games like that too.

Nowadays though, we seem to surrender to perspective and what's expected of us before a ball is kicked.
Utter bollocks. A new manager won't change the shoe string budget and lack of transfers. That's what beating us, not Neil's attitude.

Utter bollocks. A new manager won't change the shoe string budget and lack of transfers. That's what beating us, not Neil's attitude.
Seeing what Chip's posted in the Neil Out thread the board would disagree with you.

This group of players have all shown capability in the Championship at some point or another and the vast majority are at least capable at this level, not to a point where we should be dragged into a relegation battle provided we play to their strengths. The latter is one thing we haven't done and it would seem that the board are finally worried.

If Neil's the one telling the players they're flattened, as he did today, and reinforcing the woe-is-me, and generally joining in with their downbeat outlook as they're trudging in to Euxton the next morning, then it's absolutely his attitude. And his responsibility.

They'd love to be playing for us JD, but they've lost the faith because it's all down to management.
Of course. Playing for PNE is every professional footballer's dream. Particularly the ones born and raised miles away.

The contract crew just don't like the smell of AN. It's nothing to do with the life changing sums they will get moving on frees to West Brom, Cardiff and Celtic. All smaller clubs than us.

If Neil's the one telling the players they're flattened, as he did today, and reinforcing the woe-is-me, and generally joining in with their downbeat outlook as they're trudging in to Euxton the next morning, then it's absolutely his attitude. And his responsibility.
How the actual fuck do you know what Alex Neil is saying to his players? Why talk shite?

Happily bet any money that they didn't go into that game expecting to win. They'll have been told something like 'no pressure lads, everyone expects you to get beaten, but you go out there and play your game, prove the bastards wrong- it's just 90 minutes'

And its not like we went out today and didn't have a go at em. We played, we attacked, we got overwhelmed.

You can be aware that you're probably not gonna win and still be trying to overcome that.

Of course. Playing for PNE is every professional footballer's dream. Particularly the ones born and raised miles away.

The contract crew just don't like the smell of AN. It's nothing to do with the life changing sums they will get moving on frees to West Brom, Cardiff and Celtic. All smaller clubs than us.
So what about the shit tactics on match day?

Status
Not open for further replies.