PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Did anyone expect a win today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but after the Rovers result you would hope they could have put in a performance to either manage a draw or go down narrowly fighting with some spirit. In the end i don't think they did although i think a few tried to put in a shift rather than the whole Team.

Seriously? Can we have a bit of perspective FFS?
It's not about today in isolation. The alarming lack of resilience which is getting worse needs to be addressed. We look a demoralised team.
The entertainment value at home has been totally non existent for a whole year culminating in a total capitulation to a local rival last Tuesday.
Our away form was giving us hope but now seems to be vanishing. Away defeats are inevitable but 6 defeats in 7 home games against teams who are currently mid table is just not good enough.
Supporter frustration is inevitable.
That is my perspective.
I really want us to turn things round before it's too late.

I didn't expect a win after the shitshow of midweek but i would of expected some sort of response on the pitch, sadly we have a manager that's run his course, it's time for a change to freshen things up, we've got a decent squad who can match any team in this league but when the manager is devoid of ideas, playing his favourites, putting square pegs in round holes, has no idea how to address the position we are in, then he's finished in this role, but he was probably finished 12 months ago. Christ at the moment I'd even welcome someone like Warnock through the door and I'd never ever normally come out with that!

Perspective!!! for god sake look at our results over the last 12 months and then tell me AN is the right man for the job.

Jesus some people actually are totally and utterly clueless!
You make a very good point but I don’t think Trevor Hemmings has performed any better....put the two together and that’s why we are were are.

@222Mark

We also have players that obviously do not want to be here playing in the 1st XI.

This is my biggest concern.

Are they really putting in 100% some of them?

This is a really odd season in an odd world and our club is approaching it in a way we have not experienced before, with the bizarre situation of a manager and owner who clearly can't stand each other but neither will blink first.

This now culminates in post match situations like today. Manager basically shrugging his shoulders and saying "what do you expect against these with our investment" but safe in the knowledge that his only remit is to keep us in the league. But at the same time hates the owner as he won't help him achieve his personal ambition but is prepared to pay him a massive salary.

At the same time a club who delete any negative reference from the manager to a lack of investment and are happy to just finish 19th in the Champ. But at the same time publically over inflate their ambition and would love to have a more compliant manager but refuse to pay him off.

All of this played out when there are no fans in the ground so to some extent both manager and owner think they are getting away with it. Well, they are in for a rude surprise when fans are allowed back in because if tickets were on general sale for the Wycombe game, even after a 10 month absence, I'd be surprised to see 5,000 in the ground next Saturday.

It's a bloody mess.

This is a really odd season in an odd world and our club is approaching it in a way we have not experienced before, with the bizarre situation of a manager and owner who clearly can't stand each other but neither will blink first.

This now culminates in post match situations like today. Manager basically shrugging his shoulders and saying "what do you expect against these with our investment" but safe in the knowledge that his only remit is to keep us in the league. But at the same time hates the owner as he won't help him achieve his personal ambition but is prepared to pay him a massive salary.

At the same time a club who delete any negative reference from the manager to a lack of investment and are happy to just finish 19th in the Champ. But at the same time publically over inflate their ambition and would love to have a more compliant manager but refuse to pay him off.

All of this played out when there are no fans in the ground so to some extent both manager and owner think they are getting away with it. Well, they are in for a rude surprise when fans are allowed back in because if tickets were on general sale for the Wycombe game, even after a 10 month absence, I'd be surprised to see 5,000 in the ground next Saturday.

It's a bloody mess.
I think that's half correct. Hemmings has totally fucked over Neil and he certainly doesn't look like a man who is getting away with anything. He looks like a man who knows the game and knows his squad isn't good enough. He can't do much about that given the lack of support from upstairs.

The mob is always right though. Sack Neil and it will be candyfloss and rainbows for the remainder of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.