Do we want the Lashers promoted?

Do we want the lashers promoted?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

norfolk white

Staff member
Patron
As much has I hate it, the facts are that the Lasher's had there time in the PL limelight....has have every other local side....meantime we have done ABSOLUTELY fuck all of note for 60 YEARS! Don't be surprised if the Lasher's end up with a banner like Man U had to mock Citeh.....its no good getting into childish argument,s to mask our own failings....yes we have a proud history and tradition but that,s exactly what it is sadly and until we change the structure of the club nothing will change
So you are stating that Blackpool have had their time in England's top flight in football, so have we only difference is we have been champions of said top flight. What's Blackpool's top footballing achievement? And our top footballing achievement may have happened over 100 years ago but it still happened and cannot be airbrushed out.

BTW, what did Blackpool achieve whilst in the Premier League apart from being relegated after just one season? Also, if a club gets relegated after that just one season are they actually Premier League quality or are they really a Championship club that played in the Prem? And if Blackpool get relegated from the Championship after this coming season will they have been a Championship club or a League One club that got lucky to be playing amongst Championship teams?

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
Best team in the world cha.

Where as you once finished in the bottom three of the Premier League.
The bit that cracks me up is the way they cling onto the double over Liverpool.

Doing that today that is a mightily impressive feat, you automatically think of Van Dijk, Mane, Salah etc. But in reality a disenchanted Fernando Torres was their key man supported by Raul Meireles, Dirk Kuyt and Milan Jovanovic. A far cry from the 'mentality monsters' of today.

Liverpool finished 6th that season, losing a whopping 14 games. Don't get me wrong, winning at Anfield in general for a lower league club must be memorable but to parade it like a trophy is the saddest thing I've ever seen.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
The bit that cracks me up is the way they cling onto the double over Liverpool.

Doing that today that is a mightily impressive feat, you automatically think of Van Dijk, Mane, Salah etc. But in reality a disenchanted Fernando Torres was their key man supported by Raul Meireles, Dirk Kuyt and Milan Jovanovic. A far cry from the 'mentality monsters' of today.

Liverpool finished 6th that season, losing a whopping 14 games. Don't get me wrong, winning at Anfield in general for a lower league club must be memorable but to parade it like a trophy is the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Also didn’t Torres leave half way through the season and they brought in the talisman that is Andy Carroll.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
No John he plays in the return match at Bloomfield road (and scored their goal early on in first half)😊.

The original match was postponed because of a frozen pitch. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Little little Blackpool.

It was your third match in a row at home called off. Must be a prem record. All that money and you can't afford under soil heating.

What a small tinpot club you are.

The original match was postponed because of a frozen pitch. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Little little Blackpool.

It was your third match in a row at home called off. Must be a prem record. All that money and you can't afford under soil heating.

What a small tinpot club you are.
No hot water for the showers thanks to Karl ' Brian Potter ' Oyston at Bombsite Road , Kenny Dalglish's second away match , he hadn't managed for 12 years .

Fair Do's to Ollie and the Lashers for beating them fair and square , Mark Lawrenson had a face like thunder in the stand , accompanied by a grim faced suspended Steven Gerrard .

The problem was inconsistency and defensive frailties , though by absolutely no means the worst promoted Championship team , for all the successes against Liverpool and Spurs , they'd get pastings off the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal , or silly but nonetheless entertaining games like Everton 5 ( and it should have been more ? ) Blackpool 3 when the Lashers had lost 6 out of 7 .

So they ended up in a relegation dogfight after April , on the last day I believe there was 5 teams that could fill two relegation places ?? , the permutations were changing quite literally by the minute .

Also didn’t Torres leave half way through the season and they brought in the talisman that is Andy Carroll.
Panic buy after he went to Chelsea , the owners FSG and Kenny Dalglish paid far , far too much for him ( he even admitted that he was carrying an injury and secretly wanted to fail the medical ) .

I'm sorry but it wasn't the 90s anymore , the idea was for Stewart Downing to put the balls on for him . It might have worked for B'stard Rovers with the ball being put wide at every opportunity for Stuart Ripley and Jason Wilcox to put the crosses in for ' the famous SAS ( Sutton and Shearer ) , or Kevin Gallacher and Mike Newell . 4-4-2 was a bit old fashioned by then , they weren't Liverpool players , more eighth to tenth in the Premier League ' Aston Villa type ' players .

So he went to West Ham for a more realistic fee , Big Fat Sam would have use for him .

I remember John W Henry giving Kenny Dalglish daggers after losing to Chelsea in the FA Cup final , even if they'd forced extra time and penalties , he said he'd have still sacked him .

Similarly there was that Brendan Rodgers parody account supposedly showing a screenshot of his phone , ' five missed calls from John W Henry , I wonder what he wants ? '

That was that Man United match wasn't it , in reality Fenway Sports Group sacked him after the team bus had got back to Melwood .

Panic buy after he went to Chelsea , the owners FSG and Kenny Dalglish paid far , far too much for him ( he even admitted that he was carrying an injury and secretly wanted to fail the medical ) .

I'm sorry but it wasn't the 90s anymore , the idea was for Stewart Downing to put the balls on for him . It might have worked for B'stard Rovers with the ball being put wide at every opportunity for Stuart Ripley and Jason Wilcox to put the crosses in for ' the famous SAS ( Sutton and Shearer ) , or Kevin Gallacher and Mike Newell . 4-4-2 was a bit old fashioned by then , they weren't Liverpool players , more eighth to tenth in the Premier League ' Aston Villa type ' players .

So he went to West Ham for a more realistic fee , Big Fat Sam would have use for him .

I remember John W Henry giving Kenny Dalglish daggers after losing to Chelsea in the FA Cup final , even if they'd forced extra time and penalties , he said he'd have still sacked him .

Similarly there was that Brendan Rodgers parody account supposedly showing a screenshot of his phone , ' five missed calls from John W Henry , I wonder what he wants ? '

That was that Man United match wasn't it , in reality Fenway Sports Group sacked him after the team bus had got back to Melwood .

Baldygit

Advisor to the Owner
Football and Blackpool - two words that should never be used together. This thread should be cast into the wilderness of forgetfulness as this is a football forum. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS :)