PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Does class matter these days

I don’t know is the truthful answer. I only ever do it occasionally for that very reason. I would certainly help family and friends but, as much as I would like to think I would help beyond that I know it wouldn’t even make a dent in the social problems. I don’t think I could live with the guilt of having so much more than someone with nothing it would be constantly on my conscience.
Most people who buy lottery tickets are working class for obvious reasons. I’d love to be a fly on the wall to see how people react to suddenly being loaded.

It didn’t do Michael Carroll a lot of good LiS….
Just looked him up on Wiki. Apparently he ended up applying for his old job as a bin man, it didn’t say whether he got it.

He called himself King of Chavs. 😂

It didn’t do Michael Carroll a lot of good LiS….

The Lottery provide media protection to people so long as they don't remain anonymous from what I remember. However, do they then provide support regarding finance? To go from being on a minimum wage job to having several million dumped on you, people risk ruining their lives without proper help.
It's like giving a Native American in the Amazon whose tribe have used spears for centuries an AK-47 and buggering off.

The Lottery provide media protection to people so long as they don't remain anonymous from what I remember. However, do they then provide support regarding finance? To go from being on a minimum wage job to having several million dumped on you, people risk ruining their lives without proper help.
It's like giving a Native American in the Amazon whose tribe have used spears for centuries an AK-47 and buggering off.
Yes, Camelot offer up Grant Thornton, PWC and KPMG for financial advice. Winner picks who they fancy. Changes though periodically

If a Native American is in the Amazon I'd hope they'd provide a map too