PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Does Nuge Get His Place Back?

Derby on Saturday should David get his place back? I didn't go last Saturday so can't comment on how he played before he got sent off. Simmo commented in the LEP today that he won't automatically get it back what do you think?

Would just like to know other's opinions, maybe Paddy not fit enough to play the full 90 mins...I'm not saying he isn't but a few of the fans who went on Saturday thought he wasn't...Does he keep his starting place?

Re: Does Nuge Get His Place Back?

i'd start with tonights team at derby and put nuge on the bench personally. tonights team performed exceptionally and it was an entertaining match. we deserved it overall and we are now in a very good position.

come on north end

wouldnt do any harm to start off with same team as tonight, tbh paddy does not deserve to be dropped, nugent needs bringing back down to earth anyway.

Funny you should ask but as the players left the pitch tonight Nuge came on to the pitch just before the tunnel to congratulate Paddy who promptly handed Nuge his shirt.........Paddy was sporting a huge smile as he did so!

Read into it what you will!

funkymunky05 said:
i'd start with tonights team at derby and put nuge on the bench personally. tonights team performed exceptionally and it was an entertaining match. we deserved it overall and we are now in a very good position.

come on north end

Id agree with that all the way!!! I think his ego has rocketed through the constant link to other clubs, he needs to be brought back down to earth!

Nuge can have no complaint if he starts Saturdays game on the bench. He lost his place through stupidity and Agyemang has earned the right to keep his place, and I can't see him dropping Dichio either after tonights performance.

Won't do the boy wonder any harm to be brought down a peg or two and would do wonders for Paddys confidence.

Start same team as tonight then bring nuge on for last half hour boost the north end fans!

And psycholgically it'll throw all of Stumpies planning out coz he's bound to think we'll be starting with Nuge.

If he plays Agyemang over Nugent he sends the right message out. I believe he will go with Agyemang and rightly so.

How can you drop Agyemang after that goal!!
What a peach, surely he must start with the same side as tonight.:D

mickpne1 said:
How can you drop Agyemang after that goal!!
What a peach, surely he must start with the same side as tonight.:D

Got to start with DD and Pat no questions answered
Nooge doesnt need a game leave him on the touchline and tell him to fook off his agent.
You aint bigger than us Nooge
so get to grips with it and remember you could be working in McDonalds on £5 an hour so if you are fortunate enough to come on against Krankies men make sure you stick two up them and then I and 30,000 others will be happy....
tis up to you Nugent...........
Paddy and Diche will do it if you dont want to..............(and Mellor and my daughters Hampster also called Nugent so I will leave it up to you cha!)
Lets just get this show on the road and get rid of any big time Charlies cus we dont need them WE ARE THE ONE AND ONLY NORTH END.

Patrick Agyemang = Legend said:
Agyemang will be this seasons claude. You heard it here first. Deal with it people.
I think you'll find that all the nobbers on here would be overjoyed if Paddy was the surprise package this season. The obvious reason being that we want all the players to succeed who pull on the white shirt. Therefore, I suggest the "Deal with it people." comment is highly inappropriate as you are suggesting that we would rather PNE languished in the lower leagues. Berating the players as some kind of replacement for blood sports. The attitude of many people on this forum as been that Paddy is very skillful player who is gifted with some pace and can find the back of the net on occasions. This view as also been coupled with Paddy's sometimes lethargic displays to arouse concern over the mentality of the player and his fitness levels.

While, I do admire you for standing by your convictions and not bowing to what I want to describe as banter. Paddy brought the doubters on himself, with his performances. It was probably more frustrating seeing the glimpses of what he could do and then perceiving his attitude/fitness as unaceptable at this level.

So, basically what I am saying is that many opinions and therefore comments about Paddy were and are valid as of the time of writing. I hope you take note of the way people who have slated Paddy in the past have commented straight away on how well Paddy played. I hope it continues for a long time .

Fair play, although there are those who are still sceptics, and it was those to whom i referred and should have been more specific.

If i remember correctly , when a certain scottish dwarf was asked last season who was the best player,he said in training its Paddy by a mile, I for one hope he starts on Saturday .Confidence breeds goals and goals breed confidence, a very hard merrygo-round to get on but once on he shouldnt be thrown off.:D

Whoa, Whoa Whoa!!!!!!!!!!
Paddy came on at halftime Saturday and scored a decent goal and then did fook all for the rest of the game.
He started the match last night and did fook all until he scored his wonder goal.
All you could hear on the AK was "come on Paddy get in the game" or "make an effort Paddy"
By rights we should of had them dead and buried by 3 goals.
I lost count of the amount of times Dichio knocked the ball down only to see Paddy half asleep and not a chance of getting to the the ball.
Lets not get carried away here, he scored a cracking goal but the only other decent thing he did was run the wrong bleeding way that unbeknown to him left space for McKenna to run onto a decent ball from Dichio to force a good save from there keeper.