PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Duckenfield not guilty

I always thought he was Not Guilty

I have seen Liverpool and Newcastle Supporters in action and it isn’t pretty

Many arrive late after ‘getting tanked up’ at the Local where the Beer is Cheaper than on the ground

So many arrive on the last minute and don’t want to miss the action, and this was an incident waiting to happen IMO

If the Copper hadn’t opened the gates, the crush might well have been outside

Of course the relatives of the bereaved are disappointed at the outcome, especially has they were probably the ones who arrived early

But Liverpool in general and their Supporters in Particular need to realise were the majority of the fault lay, and then they can make sure it never happens again

Many arrive late after ‘getting tanked up’ at the Local where the Beer is Cheaper than on the ground

So many arrive on the last minute and don’t want to miss the action, and this was an incident waiting to happen IMO

Of course the relatives of the bereaved are disappointed at the outcome, especially has they were probably the ones who arrived early

But Liverpool in general and their Supporters in Particular need to realise were the majority of the fault lay, and then they can make sure it never happens again

What a despicable, disgusting twat you really are. I should be surprised but sadly I'm not.

Those fans were UNLAWFULLY killed.

Justice system in this country fucking reeks.

You never cease to surprise and disappoint

The fans were blamed for a long time after the event but it turned out to be lies , fabrication and a complete load of bollocks, .... A bit like your post on the matter. Many police have lied throughout this investivation in order to cover up their own shortcomings..... As for Duckenfield, he also lied through his teeth and had to appologise later when caught out.... He's guilty of being a twat but the accusation of manslaughter should be a collective charge which would include his deputies on duty that day and those that thought a rookie was fit for purpose and gave him the job in the first place........... There's no real answer to this sad affair, there really isn't.imho

If Duckenfield had done his job properly then no one would have died but he wasn't the only one at fault - many of the issues lied with Duckenfield not understanding football fans - in hindsight he was out of his depth and shouldn't have been in charge on the day - if he's to be dragged through the courts then so should be the people who appointed him as matchday commander.

Sadly though this won't be the end of it and another trial will start in a couple of years, either against Duckenfield or another target as quiet a few of the relatives of the victims have become "Professional Hillsborough Family Members". A few years ago they probably had the support of the majority of football fans and it was only the blinkered minority who were too arrogant to accept that anyone but a Liverpool fan was at fault. However, if they carry on this campaign then support will soon wain especially amongst the Hillsborough families themselves. Originally we were told "justice" was to get the original verdicts of the cause of death change - but now it turns out that wasn't enough a small hardcore will continue this "fight" because sadly that's all their lives have become.

It's taken 30 years and 65 million pounds of public money and still nobody has been found guilty or accountable despite the official ruling that 96 people were unlawfully killed. Go figure ?

You stupid old goat. It’s been proven that none of the fans were at fault.

There’s a fucking Home somewhere missing a dickhead.

People have sympathy for those that died (and believe it or not I have too), because mainly they had been on the ground in good time and THEY WERE the victims of the one’s arriving late

On a smaller scale, what I said about late arrivals spending time at a local Pub, was happening here at Preston up to the end of last season, when the Pub at the top of Deepdale road was shut (now demolished) and ‘fans’ many not bothering about the traffic, streaming down to the ground at the last minute

I have no doubt having witnessing the ‘fans’ from Liverpool and Newcastle (at Ewood Park when I visited there when Preston were away) something similar happened at Hillsborough, whatever some posters might say, and I say again the Copper in charge was in a no win situation, not a bit surprised the Jury recognised that

A Draconian measure I would recommend is:- Shut ever Pub and off licence within a mile and an Hour of the match at Football grounds

Incidentally LIB

Hillsborough is the reason why Deepdale is now an all Seater and will remain so, and the Kop is now for away fans only

Time you recognised that

Killed whom, exactly? Genuine question.

It can't have been Duckenfield as the court seems to have ruled him out.

There's plenty that would argue that people died by being crushed to death or suffocated by their fellow supporters technically that is what happened but it wouldn't have happened if factors hadn't have taken place before that.

Some of the main issues have come with this case due to the police cover up and shifting the blame - if the police had have admitted their mistake in opening the gates which led to the deaths then "accidental death" would have probably always stood. The verdict of "unlawfully killed" was perhaps come to due to the fall out after the events and perhaps not the events themselves because it quite obvious that proving manslaughter in this case is doing to be nigh on impossible unless someone's got evidence of Duckenfield saying "go on, open the gates and let the bastards crush each other" or words to that effect then many of the actions on the day were mistakes or accidents rather than against the law. It's not against the law to open a gate with the intention of easing a potential crush in another area, it's against the law to open one knowing that thousands of people are going to rush towards that gate and crush people already at the end of the tunnel. It's been proven that Duckenfield didn't know that would happen because he was out of his depth and shouldn't have been in charge on the day in the first place. Whilst the SYP and many others have been scumbags in this whole case they aren't guilty of manslaughter. To me a lesser charge of gross misconduct and being dismissed from their roles and stripped of pensions would have been the punishment for their entire top brass involved on the day.