PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer gossip - Summer Window 2021

It will take until Christmas to bed in 10+ players. Regardless who is head coach we will do well to stay up next season. I’m usually optimistic but can only see a struggle next season unfortunately.
How many did John McGrath bring in? He took us from second to bottom of old Division 4 and re-election to 2nd place and promotion in just one season.

Not correct. Huntington played many games on the left when partnering Clarke

Edit: I realise now that this has already been posted. Sedgwick 7 was mistaken
Yes we'd already done it to death before you brought it up again. Have given my thoughts.

The past isn't really relevant in the discussion anyway. He isn't a realistic option for us now at left centre back. Not if we want to improve.

We do need the balance of having a good left footed centre back but I wouldn't sign someone just for the sake of them being left footed which is what seemed to happen with Lindsay, because better centre backs were clearly out there.

Brown
McNeil
Bennett
Jones
Allardyce
Swann
Chapman
Williams
Miller
Hildersley
Worthington
Taylor
Zelem

That’s 13 off the top of my head.... not all were in the summer of 86.
Bulmer and Beeby both came in the summer before promotion - and I think that was the summer he brought Steve Wlikes in as well.

Brown
McNeil
Bennett
Jones
Allardyce
Swann
Chapman
Williams
Miller
Hildersley
Worthington
Taylor
Zelem

That’s 13 off the top of my head.... not all were in the summer of 86.

Still only allowed one sub that season too.

We had retained the likes of JT, Brazil and Bungalow Bob but, other than that, McGrath basically brought in a whole squad and got them to gel pretty much immediately.

Maybe it was easier then because “churn” hadn’t been invented.

Still only allowed one sub that season too.

We had retained the likes of JT, Brazil and Bungalow Bob but, other than that, McGrath basically brought in a whole squad and got them to gel pretty much immediately.

Maybe it was easier then because “churn” hadn’t been invented.
Nigel Jemson came through the youth ranks too that season.

The solicitors
I think looking back over the last 45 years following PNE that has to be my favourite season. The massive turnaround from finishing 91st the year before probably sways it for me. Losing 3-0 at Exeter and getting soaked was the low point - sitting in wet clothes on the Fishwicks coach back to Preston always acts as a reminder that life in the Championship isn't all that bad ;)

I think looking back over the last 45 years following PNE that has to be my favourite season. The massive turnaround from finishing 91st the year before probably sways it for me. Losing 3-0 at Exeter and getting soaked was the low point - sitting in wet clothes on the Fishwicks coach back to Preston always acts as a reminder that life in the Championship isn't all that bad ;)
You started same season as me then. Kopite....

I see Nyambe is still in and out of the Blackburn team, maybe a bargain could be had there in the summer, might depend on whether Mowbray keeps his job or not though. I've no idea if the guy is actually good but we need a Championship level right back and one who is quick would be a bonus.

I see Nyambe is still in and out of the Blackburn team, maybe a bargain could be had there in the summer, might depend on whether Mowbray keeps his job or not though. I've no idea if the guy is actually good but we need a Championship level right back and one who is quick would be a bonus.
I'd be possibly be looking at Rankin-Costello as well, also out of contract and likely affordable, for a rebuild at the scale we need I could see us possibly signing two RBs.