PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer gossip - Summer Window 2021

Not sure what he looks like, or why it matters.

Senior Recruitment analyst.

Bachelors Degree Economics (from memory, I think).
Previously part of the very successful recruitment at Barnsley .
There is a Photo if you google him

it's getting the owner to open his wallet instead of spending loose change that's the difficult bit.
Although we’ve not heard from PR for a while he made a big fuss about how financially well run we are compared to many other clubs and that this summer we will reap the rewards. I can’t see us paying a fee for any player in this window but that’s only half the story when you factor in contracts and wages. As we all know Trev can’t resist a bargain so let’s hope the recommendations make him think he can make a few quid.

it's getting the owner to open his wallet instead of spending loose change that's the difficult bit.
I don't think it's necessarily that. Not just that anyway. It's also about getting him to listen to the recommendations made by the footballing people he employs.

There's not much point having 'advisors' 'analysts' 'managers' or 'head coaches' with footballing expertise if the owner thinks he knows better when it comes to identifying targets, extending contracts, and other footballing matters.

We all know some of that has gone on in recent years, with Nugent being the prime example, among others. As owner (and ultimately benefactor) of course he needs to have a say but this summer is massive and hopefully the footballing people at the club are allowed to forge the path we need to take in the next few years.

I don't think it's necessarily that. Not just that anyway. It's also about getting him to listen to the recommendations made by the footballing people he employs.

There's not much point having 'advisors' 'analysts' 'managers' or 'head coaches' with footballing expertise if the owner thinks he knows better when it comes to identifying targets, extending contracts, and other footballing matters.

We all know some of that has gone on in recent years, with Nugent being the prime example, among others. As owner (and ultimately benefactor) of course he needs to have a say but this summer is massive and hopefully the footballing people at the club are allowed to forge the path we need to take in the next few years.
Nail on head.
TH should keep his nose out of recruitment and contracts.
But he wont.
"Its my money and I'll decide"

talk of tall centre backs reminds me of one who wasn’t but was probably one of the best in an England shirt.

Des Walker.

defenders who can defend well I like 😎
Never really understood the obsession with tall centre backs. Ability to read the game and positioning are more important. Just a few of the greats: Bobby Moore 6ft, Beckenbaur 5ft 11, Cannavaro 5ft 9, Baresi 5 ft 9.

Never really understood the obsession with tall centre backs. Ability to read the game and positioning are more important. Just a few of the greats: Bobby Moore 6ft, Beckenbaur 5ft 11, Cannavaro 5ft 9, Baresi 5 ft 9.
Baresi was also about eight stone soaking wet. Just read the game incredibly well.

Mawene reminded me of des walker.
Always in the right place at the right time.
The best defenders don’t need pace, but are obviously better with it.

Yeah a bit, although Walker was much faster, certainly in his Forest days, and probably relied on a telescopic leg more than Youl did.

Exeter City boss Matt Taylor has backed Randell Williams to leave this summer – the 24-year-old has previously been linked with Barnsley, Hull City, Preston North End and Stoke City.

Williams has just capped his third season with Exeter City. The Englishman went into this season surrounded by transfer speculation with a host of clubs said to have been monitoring him.

With Barnsley being interested back then, possibly identified by James Beet, maybe he’s on our list.

I'd be happy with Nyambe and Williams as wing back options, we definitely need to sign two.

read somewhere that Randall wants to move closer to London & that Wycombe could be his more likely destination
Doubt that would matter if Championship football and a higher wage was on offer.

Exeter fans don't seem overly convinced he could hack it at this level but suppose we heard the same about Barkhuizen. Pace goes a long way if it's coached right.