PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer gossip - Summer Window 2021

Club hoping to confirm another deal in next day or 2, and another by end of week apparently.
That’s encouraging, because the club surely wouldn’t announce the signing of Iversen until the deal was done, which you wouldn’t expect until after the Euros with Leicesters other keepers coming through unharmed. Would they announce a verbal agreement?

So by that logic, there must be someone not yet mentioned coming in with Sepp

Hoping that Sepp can get done. 6 months on at that age, with more confidence from Championship experience and comfort in his surroundings, I reckon he’d be a big player for us next season. Here’s hoping… and then onto the forward line !.

You may be right PL, but I’d suggest, far from it being common as suggested by Mr Trundle, , it IS in fact pretty uncommon.

This article says 7 clubs did it in the last 25 years, and that was pre-Luton doing so that year.

Once every 3 years is very common, especially compared to how often it has happened at the level above

Haven’t linked it as I wasn’t sure if we could now the LEP has a pay wall but Sedds is reporting that a right back is the next position being worked on, alongside the Sepp and Iversen loans.

I've never been so keen to see a bloke find some good fortune & success. Get back to your football Louis (y)
I’m in total agreement. When he was released, there was a load of excitement from Wrexham fans that he would be joining them. With due respect to Wrexham, surely he is better than that and deserves a chance at Burton. I hope you can stay injury free Louis and all the best.

This article says 7 clubs did it in the last 25 years, and that was pre-Luton doing so that year.

Once every 3 years is very common, especially compared to how often it has happened at the level above
I'd also say that a lot of clubs who get promoted from League Two don't get relegated back the following year. There is definitely a large over lap in standards between League 1 and League 2.

7 clubs promoted in 25 years is 9% (7 / 75). Pretty high numbers!