PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Edgy's Corona virus medal winners.

It will be interesting if people stick to their moral guns now we are easing lockdown
i for one won’t be going anywhere near a Wetherspoons but will be making my first ever visit to ikea

Edgy,
I suggest you take sleeping bag with you. The answers to “Only Connect”
are far easier than working out how to get out of the bloody place!

I’m being optimistic, and hope you’ll be home in time to accept the following salutation.

Happy Christmas!⛄️

It will be interesting if people stick to their moral guns now we are easing lockdown
i for one won’t be going anywhere near a Wetherspoons but will be making my first ever visit to ikea

Went for the first time last year in Belfast. Enjoyed it but largely because I was mucking about with the nieces and nephew and wasn’t actually shopping. Meatballs were good.

Not that you ever did venture in them but why would you boycott Wetherspoons out of curiosity?

Not that you ever did venture in them but why would you boycott Wetherspoons out of curiosity?
You’ve just reminded me of a mate of mine, who told me he just got a new job, feeding smack heads, down and outs, and the homeless. I ask him was he enjoying working for social services. He replied saying, i don’t work for social services. I’m a chef at Wetherspoons!

If there’s any hospitality firm reducing prices by the amount they’ll gain in VAT they won’t have to pay I’ll be happy to give them their custom.
I booked a holiday to Lanzarote in December two weeks ago, last year that same holiday with any travel company would have been about £950 with baggage etc. A few weeks ago I saw the exact same holiday for £650. I wanted to book, as usual the hubby says hold fire, I hold fire, the holiday went up to just over £700 so we booked, 10 days, baggage, flights, accommodation and a private taxi transfer was £752/£758 With EasyJet, (steer clear folks🤣) that same holiday with a EasyJet is now£1,155.😳 husband said with vat coming off they will be dirt cheap, personally I think they will jack the price up to claw money back faster, mainland spain is more expensive too it costs more for a week in Benidorm than it does to go to Lanzarote. Like you say anyone genuinely knocking the vat off deserves your custom

But only after some very negative public pressure
It’s all about the initial motivation for me so too little too late
I am a man of many principles

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.“

Groucho Marx

Go on Edgy, would you really have us believe that you frequented Wetherspoon s?

I booked a holiday to Lanzarote in December two weeks ago, last year that same holiday with any travel company would have been about £950 with baggage etc. A few weeks ago I saw the exact same holiday for £650. I wanted to book, as usual the hubby says hold fire, I hold fire, the holiday went up to just over £700 so we booked, 10 days, baggage, flights, accommodation and a private taxi transfer was £752/£758 With EasyJet, (steer clear folks🤣) that same holiday with a EasyJet is now£1,155.😳 husband said with vat coming off they will be dirt cheap, personally I think they will jack the price up to claw money back faster, mainland spain is more expensive too it costs more for a week in Benidorm than it does to go to Lanzarote. Like you say anyone genuinely knocking the vat off deserves your custom

There was a director of one of those poncy chain sandwich or coffee shops on radio 5 last week. He wouldn’t commit to lowering prices at all, he said reprinting menus etc would be too expensive and cancel out the savings. I presume just reducing all prices by 10% or whatever was beyond his level of understanding.

He did say they’d put more special offers on - course he will!