Edgy's Corona virus medal winners.

Snicky

You missed out austerity
Patron
As you may know I am a volunteer rider for North West Blood Bikes. BP have offered to pay all fuel for liveried vehicles during the current crisis.

Our Chairman got the below email from the CEO yesterday:

Many thanks for your incredibly kind letter. It means more than you might imagine.The thanks of course go to you. I was speaking with someone yesterday and I mentioned your letter. He shared how his wife lost a baby some years back and she herself needed multiple blood transfusions – a stark illustration of just how important your work is. Thankfully she is pregnant again. I am sure you hear stories like this all the time – but I can’t imagine a more purposeful service. Thank you.Voluntary organisations like yours are making an immense difference through this crisis. It was interesting to understand how you operate with your team of volunteers and with the NHS. I hope you go from strength to strength in the coming years. And we are pleased to be able to contribute in some small way. I have copied Nikki who is responsible for our UK business – and indeed this effort.My very best wishes to you and your colleagues.

Not often BP get credit for stuff but in this instance they should.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
As you may know I am a volunteer rider for North West Blood Bikes. BP have offered to pay all fuel for liveried vehicles during the current crisis.

Many thanks for your incredibly kind letter. It means more than you might imagine.The thanks of course go to you. I was speaking with someone yesterday and I mentioned your letter. He shared how his wife lost a baby some years back and she herself needed multiple blood transfusions – a stark illustration of just how important your work is. Thankfully she is pregnant again. I am sure you hear stories like this all the time – but I can’t imagine a more purposeful service. Thank you.Voluntary organisations like yours are making an immense difference through this crisis. It was interesting to understand how you operate with your team of volunteers and with the NHS. I hope you go from strength to strength in the coming years. And we are pleased to be able to contribute in some small way. I have copied Nikki who is responsible for our UK business – and indeed this effort.My very best wishes to you and your colleagues.

Tory Bastards ;)

wld

Forum Patron
Patron

I think it was the blood bikes delivering blood to Sharoe Green 21 years ago, they contributed greatly to saving my premature son’s life. You do a great job, thank you.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
The Civil Service did exactly the same at the start of the crisis. It has created huge issues with those left behind as there are comparatively huge numbers in those groups but they are looking after the health of the vulnerable.

Snicky

You missed out austerity
Patron
I think it was the blood bikes delivering blood to Sharoe Green 21 years ago, they contributed greatly to saving my premature son’s life. You do a great job, thank you.
Thank you.

It is lovely to hear of stories of lives saved and good being done. We have received many letters of thanks over the years from people in similar situations. We usually pick up from a Path Lab and drop off at a Path Lab and that's it, we hear nothing else.

Reactions: wld

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
I know he’s an exceptionally wealthy sportsman and all that but this World Cup winning shirt? He‘s always come across as very humble and as one of the good guys but this confirms Mr Buttler‘s place in the good guy hall of fame. It’s at £60,000 at the moment.

Jos Buttler (@josbuttler) Tweeted:
I’m going to be auctioning my World Cup Final shirt to raise funds for the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals charity. Last week they launched an emergency appeal to provide life saving equipment to help those affected during the Covid-19 outbreak. Link to auction in my bio. https://t.co/ODN9JY4pk1

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Sellafield have emailed all of their suppliers asking for assistance as they are putting together a donation of PPE for the NHS