PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Edgy's Corona virus medal winners.

It seems appropriate to post this on Edgy’s Medals winners.

In order to recognise the efforts of those caring for us in the NHS. It’s planned to have a minutes applause at your doors, in your gardens or at your windows, tomorrow night at 8.00 p.m.
There’s more info on Facebook.
Come on Lads and Lassies, it’s the least we can do.
It's too cringey for me that. Them rainbow paintings in Windows was enough to cringe me into oblivion (for people exercising to look at and feel good) it wouldn't make me feel good, it would make me feel way to many people use Facebook. Morning post. Over and out

In order to recognise the efforts of those caring for us in the NHS. It’s planned to have a minutes applause at your doors, in your gardens or at your windows, tomorrow night at 8.00 p.m.
But I agree. Them NHS workers have earned my respect. They had it anyway but after this...... The danger to them their families and yet, they still go into work to help people in need. I think their the wage should shoot up. Id even take a lil cut to make that happen

They will see things and do things which will leave them with trauma in the coming weeks.

They will see things and do things which will leave them with trauma in the coming weeks.
My daughter says theres a very weird atmosphere at RPH. Very little happening right now but its kind of like waiting for the tsunami thats about to hit. Many depts are just closing down their normal work in preparation to be redeployed to help in the effort.

Has anyone noticed that nature seems to be coming back with a vengeance. It's a vital part of the year for flora and fauna anyway but I got the feeling last night sat at the back of the house that the reduction in human activity is emboldening the wildlife. Gone is background of white noise from the A6 and M61, gone are the criss cross pattern of jet streams in the sky and aeroplanes tearing across. Less hedgehogs are being run over-will numbers start to recover? More pregnant mum's survive? Better air quality by roadsides, for the insect life to reproduce. At work yesterday we heard and saw a chif chaff which had returned from far away lands to come and nest in the same tree. A heron was just poised next to a neighbours pond this morning. I think nature is coming closer because of the 'peace'. How about a 'holiday' for nature when this is over. For 1 week in springtime just for the other species we share the planet with?

Has anyone noticed that nature seems to be coming back with a vengeance. It's a vital part of the year for flora and fauna anyway but I got the feeling last night sat at the back of the house that the reduction in human activity is emboldening the wildlife. Gone is background of white noise from the A6 and M61, gone are the criss cross pattern of jet streams in the sky and aeroplanes tearing across. Less hedgehogs are being run over-will numbers start to recover? More pregnant mum's survive? Better air quality by roadsides, for the insect life to reproduce. At work yesterday we heard and saw a chif chaff which had returned from far away lands to come and nest in the same tree. A heron was just poised next to a neighbours pond this morning. I think nature is coming closer because of the 'peace'. How about a 'holiday' for nature when this is over. For 1 week in springtime just for the other species we share the planet with?
I live very close to the m61/m65 jct. We are very used to the "White noise," it just kind of filters out. Every Christmas day morning we comment at just how peaceful it is outside. Its actually getting back to the same now.

Id love to see the street lights switched off too, on clear nights like last night sky gazing without light pollution would have been amazing.

I understand the reasonings for not doing that but it would be awesome.

I agree with all this except for road kill, for some reason I've seen loads more. Might just be me tho on an unlucky run(in a vehicle). Funny ewd world how the weather is nice just as the lockdown starts. Battered with storms and then with a lockdown. It's a reet rum do as Jake would say

I live very close to the m61/m65 jct. We are very used to the "White noise," it just kind of filters out. Every Christmas day morning we comment at just how peaceful it is outside. Its actually getting back to the same now.

Id love to see the street lights switched off too, on clear nights like last night sky gazing without light pollution would have been amazing.

I understand the reasonings for not doing that but it would be awesome.
Can't turn lights off cha worabout thambulances

My daughter says theres a very weird atmosphere at RPH. Very little happening right now but its kind of like waiting for the tsunami thats about to hit. Many depts are just closing down their normal work in preparation to be redeployed to help in the effort.
Family member is a pediatric psychiatrist. (Blimey that took some spell-checking)

He's normally rammed busy, but has been taken off his work completely, all their work cancelled. Now on standby to help in A&E / admissions, for any kids that come in with suspected CV.

Literally hasn't done a thing all week, meanwhile his 'normal' work piles up in the background.

Maybe a hip hip hooray

Maybe a hip hip hooray

That sounds like the sort of salutation Melford would use.

Perhaps Mrs Plunge could wear her Union Jack swimsuit to enhanced proceedings.

The 8 o’clock clap* was mentioned on the news, this morning.

*Please note this is a reference to the applause and not another nasty disease!

It's too cringey for me that. Them rainbow paintings in Windows was enough to cringe me into oblivion (for people exercising to look at and feel good) it wouldn't make me feel good, it would make me feel way to many people use Facebook. Morning post. Over and out
Well every single household on my street was out. It appears they didn’t have to cringe.

Family member is a pediatric psychiatrist. (Blimey that took some spell-checking)

He's normally rammed busy, but has been taken off his work completely, all their work cancelled. Now on standby to help in A&E / admissions, for any kids that come in with suspected CV.

Literally hasn't done a thing all week, meanwhile his 'normal' work piles up in the background.
That is when even more pressure will kick in, trying to catch up. we will have god knows how many things to catch up on when it is all over.