PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Edgy's Skip- For CV villains.

Re EasyJet.

They don’t have to pay those dividends.

Anyway if they did the shareholders should hand back the money to save the business, they certainly should not be bailed out by the government.

I've only ever been to a Wetherspoon establishment once in my life. It was a dreadful dump. I have boycotted them ever since
I mate of mine told me the other week he’d got a job providing food for down and outs, drug addicts and the homeless.

I asked him, what part of social services he worked for.

He said, I don’t work for social services, I’m a chef at Wetherspoons!

Which I would accept rather than the bullshit reason given.

Was it bullshit? I don’t know. Some say not at all.

IMO it is ridiculous - utterly ridiculous- that people get hot under the collar with faux rage that someone like Charles gets a test.

He didn’t break any rules because he’s in Scotland and their testing rules are different - but he travelled to Scotland after we were told not to travel unless absolutely necessary.

You clearly think that his journey was not absolutely necessary. I won’t ask how you know the criteria - in relation to his work. IMO, people who criticise this whole move are just looking for ways to criticise the monarchy.

You clearly think that his journey was not absolutely necessary. I won’t ask how you know the criteria - in relation to his work. IMO, people who criticise this whole move are just looking for ways to criticise the monarchy.
Other people travelling to 2nd homes etc were correctly condemned.

No - the rules state journeys like his are not allowed. There were no caveats excluding royals, famous people or people with helicopters.

No - the rules state journeys like his are not allowed. There were no caveats excluding royals, famous people or people with helicopters.

There were no published caveats to allow prime ministers and MPs to make such journeys.
We could go round in circles- but this boils down to whether you see Charles’s work as essential and whether you see the monarchy as valuable.
Some resent the royal family. I get that.

There were no published caveats to allow prime ministers and MPs to make such journeys.
We could go round in circles- but this boils down to whether you see Charles’s work as essential and whether you see the monarchy as valuable.
Some resent the royal family. I get that.

Personally I do see them as valuable to many, there are many who get comfort or joy from them. On this occasion, there were several reports at weekend saying they were going to Balmoral to see out the virus, so nothing to do with work.

Personally I do see them as valuable to many, there are many who get comfort or joy from them. On this occasion, there were several reports at weekend saying they were going to Balmoral to see out the virus, so nothing to do with work.

Different perspectives. IF it is safer for our deputy head of state to move up to Balmoral, I see no negatives. I see it as petty to look for rules that may have been technically breached.

Whilst some commentators with one axe to grind will paint it as “seeing out the virus” in Balmoral, others (with a different axe) report that Charles is working from Balmoral - very likely true.

segregating a monarch and her line of succession is probably deemed relevant when you live in a kingdom. Hardly the most outlandish things the family have done