Editing a post

prestonmadhouse

Forum Patron
Patron
How do I edit a post that I have made. On the old site, there was an edit button on the bottom. Can’t find one on the new site.

Cheers

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
It is still there but i think in the upgrade it only gives you a limited amount of time to make edits

Edit

yes still there not sure how long it remains for

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/DtUwtAUXoAIBSDX.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron
prestonmadhouse;n3407047 said:
How do I edit a post that I have made. On the old site, there was an edit button on the bottom. Can’t find one on the new site.

Cheers
Write it down in a letter and post it to me, i will tipex it out for you.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
raefil;n3407062 said:
It is still there but i think in the upgrade it only gives you a limited amount of time to make edits

Edit

yes still there not sure how long it remains for

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/DtUwtAUXoAIBSDX.jpg"}[/IMG2]

A couple of times I've come across a post that I've made a mistake on and wanted to change it but the edit function wasn't there. Thought it was a glitch but you may well be right with the " timing out " theory which makes sense.

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
Patrons get an hour to edit posts.

If anyone needs more time than that you will need to DM a moderator.

kbd_pne

Manager
I have noticed when using the forum on mobile, now without tapatalk, a lot of my punctuation is deleted when I post. It’s also very hard to select / highlight bits of a post I need to edit / delete or something.

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
kbd_pne;n3412276 said:
I have noticed when using the forum on mobile, now without tapatalk, a lot of my punctuation is deleted when I post. It’s also very hard to select / highlight bits of a post I need to edit / delete or something.
I have noticed this on your posts KBD, I have no idea what is causing it but I am aware and will fix it asap.

Walton

First Team
When you are using a touch screen and you are scrolling down and your clumsy thumbs accidentally catch the +quote bit how can you delete it from the post reply box? Thanks.