Elite Sport

Double J

Forum Patron
Patron
No smoke without fire.

Doing the rounds on social media now that Boris is set to announce a ‘Elite Sport circuit break’ could be 4 weeks according to some.

Don’t know if that does us any favours or not, but not at all suprised

keithaw

Advisor to the Owner
No smoke without fire.

Doing the rounds on social media now that Boris is set to announce a ‘Elite Sport circuit break’ could be 4 weeks according to some.

Out of interest If this happens, will the transfer window stay open for us to sign anyone. But I agree it would not be a surprise & I do think it needs to happen.

Lairdinho

Manager
No smoke without fire.

Don’t know what social media you’re looking on but it’s definitely not on Twitter

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
The delayed Euro 2020 is due to start on 11th June and if that went ahead as planned how would fixtures particularly in Prem and Championship be completed ? Health is paramount obviously.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
The schedule is already at breaking point for domestic competitions and with the Euros in the summer I just don’t see how stopping football is viable.

Lord Edgington

Forum Patron
Patron
As an aside
The cost off testing alone and the associated protocols are not helping
It’s absolutely necessary but with no revenue it’s not sustainable

OP
Double J

Double J

Forum Patron
Patron
Not sure how you post pictures. Horse Racing looks to be the first to go, as early as tomorrow.

Something to do with using the St Johns ambulance staff to help roll out the mass vaccination program.

Like i say its only rumours, but there’s never fire without the smoke.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
I'm not sure how much of an impact elite sport has in spreading the disease. As such i see no reason to stop it.

As Warnock says it's something to look forward to (kind of!!!!!)

Last edited:

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
The schedule is already at breaking point for domestic competitions and with the Euros in the summer I just don’t see how stopping football is viable.
I agree with you but if the government decided it was necessary on health grounds they would impose a break whether or not it was viable in terms of fixture completion.

HunterLionheart

Forum Patron
Patron
They need to get businesses closed. That's what is keeping town and public transport busier than they should be. Pay em to shut, freeze business rates and get the staff paid. Same with the self employed.

You can wander into town tomorrow and have a mooch around WH Smiths ffs, because they sell the odd bottle of coke and a kit kat.

If you're not shopping for essentials, stay the fuck at home.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
They need to get businesses closed. That's what is keeping town and public transport busier than they should be. Pay em to shut, freeze business rates and get the staff paid. Same with the self employed.

You can wander into town tomorrow and have a mooch around WH Smiths ffs, because they sell the odd bottle of coke and a kit kat.

If you're not shopping for essentials, stay the fuck at home.
Aye girlfriend was working at a surgery in town (mcr) yesterday and said picadilly was rammed. All the coffee shops, takeaways, fast food, m&s (food hall) everything was open.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
I imagine the focus would be less on the breaking point of sporting schedules and more on the breaking point of the NHS.
Yes I understand that and the fact that health is paramount. But I’d imagine elite football isn’t putting any pressure on the NHS. But we can only speculate on that.

I’d rather see the EFL and the PL beef up restrictions on footballers, testing etc. first before they decide to stop again.

Plenty on here were cheering on our players Christmas party the other week. Those types of breaches will have to stop if there’s to be any chance of football carrying on.

Lord Edgington

Forum Patron
Patron
Aye girlfriend was working at a surgery in town (mcr) yesterday and said picadilly was rammed. All the coffee shops, takeaways, fast food, m&s (food hall) everything was open.
So not really a lockdown at all
Just an utter confusion of a tier system that simply doesn’t work
I can understand of course supermarkets and the likes of B&Q but as @HunterLionheart says WH Smith ??

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
I'd be devasted if Elite Football stopped. It's the only thing left at the moment. I think The FA and EFL have manged it really well. I just don't see how stopping it benefits anyone. I havent heard of any footballer or staff member from any club having to be hospitalised.