Elite Sport

taxipete1

Manager
@taxipete1 should be apologising for that post. Absolutely ridiculous even by his standards.
Certainly no apologies regarding the post as its absolutely the case in my experience dealing with the general public. As regards to deleting the post what happened to 'free country'.
Not really relevant but our pegs one of the 'district nurses' and tested positive back in April and was really quite ill spending four days in bed, three of them she can't remember and still can not smell all these months later but it goes with the job. Before she recovered my son fell ill so we know all about covid in our house. I've also only spoken with PCC licencing this morning regarding twice weekly testing for cab drivers which will start in the Harris next week.
This doesn't however mean you can't see things from the view from the public at large as some on here seem incapable judging by some of the replies. For many who's incomes have been destroyed and are struggling to put food on the table because of a virus they, or anybody they know, and anybody they know, has had no contact with is hard to accept.

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
I don't see the point or agree to the post being deleted, just personal opinion. Sure people can respond to it how they see fit.

We ask that users consider the sensitive nature surrounding the pandemic and the forum does not in anyway which to cause upset linked to possible misinformation being given.

Free speech yes, however as a forum we reserve the right to delete or edit any post if we deem fit as accepted when you sign up. As I've said elsewhere we have been quite relaxed about all debates.

That said there are plenty of other debates ongoing in off topic sections where this can be debated.

There is a significant difference between trying to be controversial on football matters.

StickyBrick

Forum Patron
Patron
Certainly no apologies regarding the post as its absolutely the case in my experience dealing with the general public. As regards to deleting the post what happened to 'free country'.
Not really relevant but our pegs one of the 'district nurses' and tested positive back in April and was really quite ill spending four days in bed, three of them she can't remember and still can not smell all these months later but it goes with the job. Before she recovered my son fell ill so we know all about covid in our house. I've also only spoken with PCC licencing this morning regarding twice weekly testing for cab drivers which will start in the Harris next week.
This doesn't however mean you can't see things from the view from the public at large as some on here seem incapable judging by some of the replies. For many who's incomes have been destroyed and are struggling to put food on the table because of a virus they, or anybody they know, and anybody they know, has had no contact with is hard to accept.
Given your declared family history, do you put Joe Public right?

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Your, "Peg," must feel so proud of you.

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
We ask that users consider the sensitive nature surrounding the pandemic and the forum does not in anyway which to cause upset linked to possible misinformation being given.

Free speech yes, however as a forum we reserve the right to delete or edit any post if we deem fit as accepted when you sign up. As I've said elsewhere we have been quite relaxed about all debates.

That said there are plenty of other debates ongoing in off topic sections where this can be debated.

There is a significant difference between trying to be contravisal on football matters.
I respect the site, you know it, I held back from a lot of missinformation being spouted by many in here last week about a player we've signed out of respect for this site.

But if anyone reads what taxipete says and thinks there's no such thing as coronavirus then they've got bigger issues. I don't think I read missinformation I read a poster who has an alternative opinion which is wrong but i didn't see it as dangerous or harmful in any way whatsoever.

No probs from my side at all jk, just my opinion.

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Well debate it and show him how incorrect it is to hold that view.

I don't agree with the post, just don't think it deserves deleting.
You only have to look across the atlantic to know what this type of shithousery causes.

Like you Im not one for censorship but the more this type of shit spreads the more people it is literally killing.

Edit:

Just seen JKs post so ignore me :)

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner

I can just about stomach your frankly ridiculous posts on all things North End but this is another level. The fact you won't retract your (now deleted) post staggers me although TBH it shouldn't given your track record of talking sh*te.

As much as I'd like to post my full thoughts I'm not copping a ban for someone like you so I'll refer you to @raefil 's post #78 which just about scratches the surface as far as I'm concerned.

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
You only have to look across the atlantic to know what this type of shithousery causes.

Like you Im not one for censorship but the more this type of shit spreads the more people it is literally killing.
It was 1 post from a poster with a track record of being controversial, it's a bit silly to suggest it's anything more serious.

But as I said, just my opinion.