PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Elite Sport

Well debate it and show him how incorrect it is to hold that view.

I don't agree with the post, just don't think it deserves deleting.
You're not a Mod so your opinion on whether a post should be deleted or not is irrelevant. Wind yer neck in.

Perhaps you could switch off your internet as part of your "protocol" & give us all a break.
Your being a tad unfair. If you read my initial post it was in reply to folk not following restrictions, I was merely highlighting feedback from the public and why they may feel that way. Its always helpful to look at issues from both sides even if you don't agree with them, how anyone took what I said as a personal opinion is plain silly.

Because this is not about opinions - who is the better player, Ronaldo or Messi? - it's about denying demonstrable-world-wide-science.

It’s not just that, what it does is it gives other people with few brain cells encouragement or excuse for breaking the rules.
People are blaming the government and they may have not done enough or quickly enough but the real blame for it going on so long and probably getting worse, are the taxipetes of this world.

Your being a tad unfair. If you read my initial post it was in reply to folk not following restrictions, I was merely highlighting feedback from the public and why they may feel that way. Its always helpful to look at issues from both sides even if you don't agree with them, how anyone took what I said as a personal opinion is plain silly.
You were doing your "Wumming," game. You know it and others know it.

Theres a time and place but when its just been announced that excess deaths are as high as they have been since the war this really isnt the time nor the place, is it?

I generally laugh at the "Fishing," nature of your posts but............

Back on subject.

EriOBCdXMAEbvI5

You were doing your "Wumming," game. You know it and others know it.

Theres a time and place but when its just been announced that excess deaths are as high as they have been since the war this really isnt the time nor the place, is it?

I generally laugh at the "Fishing," nature of your posts but............
I agree, I think he's clearly pressing a few buttons, that's why I think it's hilarious to censor or even suggest 'coz taxipete sez so' that the post is harmful.

In defence of the public Covid is not the Spanish Flu, in fact if it wasn't all over the telly and the radio nearly all wouldn't even know it existed. I've not spoken to a punter yet that knows anybody who's been ill, much different than a cold, let alone died so I can completely understand their scepticism.

Not really relevant but our pegs one of the 'district nurses' and tested positive back in April and was really quite ill spending four days in bed, three of them she can't remember and still can not smell all these months later but it goes with the job. Before she recovered my son fell ill so we know all about covid in our house.
So out of the hundreds of different passengers you’ve had, not one of them has had it or even knows anyone who has and if it wasn’t for the media nobody would know any different yet in your second reply you say both your missus and son has had it with both of them being pretty ill.

I smell an astronomical pile of bullshit.

So out of the hundreds of different passengers you’ve had, not one of them has had it or even knows anyone who has and if it wasn’t for the media nobody would know any different yet in your second reply you say both your missus and son has had it with both of them being pretty ill.

I smell an astronomical pile of bullshit.
Not had hundreds in the present climate as you would expect but in general people feel its irrelevant to them as is witnessed by the flouting of restrictions, some may learn the hard way. Many folk are even outright covid deniers. As for the misses most of her colleagues have had covid but that wouldn't be a surprise in that environment. Don't see whats difficult to understand about that.

Not had hundreds in the present climate as you would expect but in general people feel its irrelevant to them as is witnessed by the flouting of restrictions, some may learn the hard way. Many folk are even outright covid deniers. As for the misses most of her colleagues have had covid but that wouldn't be a surprise in that environment. Don't see whats difficult to understand about that.
What do these deniers say when you tell them your girlfriend and your son have been quite ill with it?

In the hospitals, some staff have had Covid but the vast majority havent. Same in the care homes. I know several who who nurse in the community and none of them have contracted covid. So, my friend, this statement does not ring true either.

I'm not being a tad unfair at all - you've proved by your posts on all sorts of issues you're either thick, on the wind up or a mixture of the two.

Either way your initial post was bang out of order & should be apologised for IMHO.

In the hospitals, some staff have had Covid but the vast majority havent. Same in the care homes. I know several who who nurse in the community and none of them have contracted covid. So, my friend, this statement does not ring true either.
Bit different in the hospitals cos most staff don't work with covid patients but nearly all district nurses do every day . I'm sure your aware that hospitals send covid patients out to be nursed in the community.

Certainly no apologies regarding the post as its absolutely the case in my experience dealing with the general public. As regards to deleting the post what happened to 'free country'.
Not really relevant but our pegs one of the 'district nurses' and tested positive back in April and was really quite ill spending four days in bed, three of them she can't remember and still can not smell all these months later but it goes with the job. Before she recovered my son fell ill so we know all about covid in our house. I've also only spoken with PCC licencing this morning regarding twice weekly testing for cab drivers which will start in the Harris next week.
This doesn't however mean you can't see things from the view from the public at large as some on here seem incapable judging by some of the replies. For many who's incomes have been destroyed and are struggling to put food on the table because of a virus they, or anybody they know, and anybody they know, has had no contact with is hard to accept.
I'm a little confused. Your first post says no one would know Covid existed but for the telly and its little more than a cold and then you say your Mrs was laid up in bed, ill for 3 days and 9 months later has still not regained her sense of smell.

How many "punters" do you know who suffered a cold that laid them up in bed for 3 days and they lost their sense of smell for 9 months.

What a complete contradiction

I'm a little confused. Your first post says no one would know Covid existed but for the telly and its little more than a cold and then you say your Mrs was laid up in bed, ill for 3 days and 9 months later has still not regained her sense of smell.

How many "punters" do you know who suffered a cold that laid them up in bed for 3 days and they lost their sense of smell for 9 months.

What a complete contradiction
Complete U turn, suddenly there appears to be copious amounts that have now contracted Covid.

Just a cab driver running through his different inane chit-chat scripts - no consistency is to be expected, they're deployed according to who gets in.

Only difference is, in the cab they're supposed to ingratiate, while on the forum the intent is to WUM.

Bit different in the hospitals cos most staff don't work with covid patients

I can assure you that is completely untrue.

Anyway as I said earlier there are plenty of other threads to have a deeper debate about Covington, please can we try and keep this football related.

Thank You

Is he really your friend? 😵