PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Emil Riis Jakobsen signed (Confirmed)

Preston North End are delighted to confirm the signing of Danish U21 international striker Emil Riis Jakobsen from Randers FC.

The Lilywhites have paid a significant undisclosed fee to the Danish Superliga side for the highly-rated forward.

The 22-year-old, who had a spell in England as a youth team player for Derby County, has signed a four-year contract with the club and, subject to international clearance, will be eligible for Sunday’s trip to face Brentford at the new Brentford Community Stadium.

The 6’3’’ attacker, who will take the No.19 shirt at Deepdale, had been in fine form for his previous club at the start of the season, winning the player of the month award for September, having scored twice in three games, as well as one for his country against the Ukraine.

Having flown into the country on Thursday afternoon to complete the paperwork, after undertaking a medical in Denmark in the morning, Emil was looking forward to getting started.

He said: “I am really excited. I am really looking forward to playing for this club, it is a dream come true for me.

“I hope I can help the team to score some goals – that is why I am here and what I want to do. I might look a big guy, but I would say I am pacey as well and I have a good shot and I like to score goals.
“I am very confident. I have scored a lot of goals lately. Things are going well at the moment and I hope that continues.”

Manager Alex Neil is hoping his new recruit can continue where he has left off in Denmark, adding: “Emil fits our profile; he's got previous experience in England with Derby County. He's young, big, strong and quick and we are very hopeful for him, he's got good pedigree and he will help us.

“He is a Denmark U21 international, I think that shows the level that he is currently playing at and obviously we want to try and help to improve him and obviously add his qualities to the squad as well.

“The fact that he has previously been in England for a number of years is a big box ticked for us and I'm hoping he can hit the ground running. He knows what the Championship is about, so hopefully it's a good fit.”

Hopefully having experienced English football before albeit at youth level he will adjust quicker.

Not going to get myself too excited as I know nothing about him but glad we have finally got one done.

One down.

Just the one signing would still be a disappointment overall but it seems the club have finally decided to get their shit together.

Well then.

I have been pretty vocal and critical on here at times, as have many others, about the club not being willing to look outside the box and try something different. Whilst one signing doesn’t mean everything is fine with the way we conduct our business, it’s important to give credit where it’s due and the club should be applauded for delving into the foreign market this summer, rather than merely shrugging their shoulders at domestic prices like in the past 2 windows.

Whether the lad turns out to be great or not, this signing marks significant progress.

With a window still there to add a loan or two to the squad in the next few weeks, suddenly things could start to look much better.

Last edited: