PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Emiliano Sala (New Cardiff striker)

The Piper Malibu is a superb small and very fast aircraft but in no way suitable for an amateur pilot. I do not know the qualifications of the pilot in this case so not making any allegations.

paddysr;n3425507 said:
News report saying red flares seen during search which suggests they may have got out alive

Search suspended for the night....

its not not looking good

very very sad....

Having flown over there many a time they have no chance of surviving in that water especially this time of the year . RIP

Theres some stuff coming out about a message he sent about the state of the plane before he set off. Cardiff saying he made his own arrangements. Not looking good,

chrisrw;n3425543 said:
The Piper Malibu is a superb small and very fast aircraft but in no way suitable for an amateur pilot. I do not know the qualifications of the pilot in this case so not making any allegations.

It's also relatively notorious for breaking up mid-air at a much higher rate than planes would be expected too. Also the plane operator manual has a glaring omission regarding a specific pitot heater if heading into icy/cold conditions (presumably much like flying from land and suddenly over sea on a very cold evening)

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...airplane-break-up-in-the-sky/article18447534/

jakehake;n3425834 said:
It's also relatively notorious for breaking up mid-air at a much higher rate than planes would be expected too. Also the plane operator manual has a glaring omission regarding a specific pitot heater if heading into icy/cold conditions (presumably much like flying from land and suddenly over sea on a very cold evening)

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...airplane-break-up-in-the-sky/article18447534/

Apparently he sent a snapchat message just before the plane disappeared saying that he was on a plane that's breaking apart and that he was really scared.

Sky news -

The plane that was carrying the missing Premier League footballer Emiliano Sala has been found, his family has been told.

A search boat located the wreckage on the seabed of the English Channel this morning.

The Piper Malibu aircraft disappeared from radars close to the Channel Islands on 21 January.

Both pilot David Ibbotson and the Argentinian footballer are missing presumed dead.

Sala had just completed a £15m transfer to Cardiff City from French club Nantes.

Two vessels were looking for traces of the missing plane after a successful online appeal to fund the effort.

The team had reduced their search area to just four square miles.

It's obviously good that the families can have some closure.

Am I allowed to say that I've found the emotional reaction from Cardiff supporters just a little more than I'd expect. Neil Warnock.. yes.. can fully understand that he'd built a personal connection with him over many weeks.

But the average Cardiff fan appears to have been expressing grief on the same level as Leicester fans a few weeks ago... despite the fact that Leicester's chairman had been integral with their club for years, and this unfortunate new Cardiff player (being brutally honest) had never kicked a ball for the club.

Be a bit shocked, yes. Have some basic human sadness at the tragedy... yes - I think all football supporters were a bit shaken by these events. But it's not the equivalent of the Munich plane crash.

Apparently Nantes have claimed the first transfer payment from Cardiff before there is confirmation of the inevitable. If true, just a reminder that as far as football clubs are concerned, their very first allegience is to cash irrespective of taste and sentiment.