PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Encounters with North End players, in normal life

I was in town outside bull and royal, early hours probably 1ish bumped into Richard Cresswell, would have been 2003/04 he was intoxicated and there was a horrible young man asking him for money! I told him to leave him alone and do one... He was a favourite player of mine at the time so felt very pleased to have been of assistance. Loved Cresswell always gave his all.

Yours truly and Seani. I think he needs to maybe have a word with the GF, either that or it's a trick of the light!

67110109_10220409732299916_2565440298691854336_o.jpg

That’s Conchita Wurst.

I don’t know who the one on the right is though.

Going back a few years, Eddie Brown used to be my geography teacher. He was not to be messed with, but was also a well liked teacher amongst the pupils. He was one of the ones tasked with administering corporal punishment when I was there (4, 6 or, if you’d been really bad, 8 sharply delivered blows to the hand with a piece of leather). Eddie was always the one all us miscreants wanted to receive the blows from........he was known for being the one that went easy, and sometimes even losing count to our advantage. A true gent, a fine teacher and a flipping good footballer so I’m told, but I never saw him play.
You must be ex Catholic College then!!

Slightly off piste but met pretty much all of Jon Mackens family while queuing for a ride at Universal Studios. Parents, cousins, uncles, aunties, the lot. Only one missing was him!

Stumbled across Mellor not too long ago at Cheshire oaks. A player unrelated to pne, been on many nights out in Ormskirk (used to go to Edge Hill) and it's where Stephen Warnock is from. He was out one night and ended up buying a round for our group which was good of him. He kind of owed us anyway as he owns a lot of student properties in the area and fleeced me for 2 years of my hard earned student loan ?

My missus was on a night out in Halifax too and she met Tom Clarke (who lives in Northowram I think).. good job I didnt go out. Would have been an embarrassing fan boy moment after a few cans.

Only one, Tom Finney in Booths opposite the hospital, which I guess is the equivalent of bumping into Messi down the corner shop buying a packet of custard cremes.

Only one, Tom Finney in Booths opposite the hospital, which I guess is the equivalent of bumping into Messi down the corner shop buying a packet of custard cremes.
Met with Sir Tom at the reception area at the ground when we donated some footy goods for his charity related to Lady Elsie’s passing.
Made £550 for the charity.

Going back a few years, Eddie Brown used to be my geography teacher. He was not to be messed with, but was also a well liked teacher amongst the pupils. He was one of the ones tasked with administering corporal punishment when I was there (4, 6 or, if you’d been really bad, 8 sharply delivered blows to the hand with a piece of leather). Eddie was always the one all us miscreants wanted to receive the blows from........he was known for being the one that went easy, and sometimes even losing count to our advantage. A true gent, a fine teacher and a flipping good footballer so I’m told, but I never saw him play.
I had the pleasure of Eddie Brown being my manager at BTR FC back in the 90’s..Didn’t suffer fools gladly, but a gent who was great to play football for

He arrived from English Martyrs just as I was leaving.
Pop Moulding dished them out facing you - right hand, left hand, right hand, etc. Getting nine was agony.
Flipping eck Sid. Sounds like you were a bad un. Sounds like you were there when I was. Not forgetting the school produced some notable players.......Mark Lawrenson, Simon Farnworth et al. I still remember a classmate who shall remain nameless trying to shoot Dickie Birch from the cover of the underground playground with a Gat Gun........fortunately he missed. Happy days.