England 20/21 season

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Which isnt very often, in fairness
We only seem to lose when it matters.......

We breeze our way through group stages and win the majority of our friendlies, but when it comes to the big comps ( World Cups & Euros )
we invariably blow it when facing decent opposition....

europne

Advisor to the Owner
anyone know why that was a penalty? didnt see a foul myself

I don’t think it was a foul never mind a yellow card, Maguire clearly was first to the ball, the Danish player was late.

And the penalty decision is truly baffling, I didn’t see anything approaching a foul.

Just about to turn it off, cba watching it, internationals are shit without referees doing clown acts as well.

europne

Advisor to the Owner
In rugby and American football the officials have to explain their decision, it would have been fascinating to hear why the referee gave that penalty.

It appears in both incidents the referee gave the decision because the Danish players went down whimpering.

europne

Advisor to the Owner
I think he did and the yellow was fair enough. Having said that, I don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough so my inherent feelings towards him might be surfacing!

I’m no fan of Maguire either but he clearly won the ball first so the Danish player was late coming into the challenge and therefore the offender, the fact he got hurt was incidental.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
I’m no fan of Maguire either but he clearly won the ball first so the Danish player was late coming into the challenge and therefore the offender, the fact he got hurt was incidental.

I don't think it should be a foul but the laws say it is. I yearn for tackling like we had when I was young but those days are unfortunately gone forever.

Preston Lad

Forum Patron
Patron
I think he did and the yellow was fair enough. Having said that, I don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough so my inherent feelings towards him might be surfacing!
Just seen the replay and you’re right, he definitely caught him.

mozzchops

Manager
There’s a touch after the ball has gone for the penalty. But after a good push by the Dane earlier on. Joke. Where’s the ref from.