England 20/21 season

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Southgate is turning into Chris Coleman, riding on the successful back of one tournament.

Coleman on the back of Gareth Bale and his heroic one man show to the SFs.

Southgate on accessing a relatively easier route than Belgium to the SFs (avoiding Brazil QFs, France SFs).

I do not see any top club appointing Southgate as a manager when he eventually steps down from England. He might get a gig modeling Suits and Waistcoats in a Mens Fashion Magazine though.

England are just so boring to watch.

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner
Southgate is turning into Chris Coleman, riding on the successful back of one tournament.

Coleman on the back of Gareth Bale and his heroic one man show to the SFs.

Southgate on accessing a relatively easier route than Belgium to the SFs (avoiding Brazil QFs, France SFs).

I do not see any top club appointing Southgate as a manager when he eventually steps down from England. He might get a gig modeling Suits and Waistcoats in a Mens Fashion Magazine though.

England are just so boring to watch.

What’s frustrating is that this wasn’t the case a year, year and a half ago.

The wheels of progress have suddenly come grinding to a halt.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
What’s frustrating is that this wasn’t the case a year, year and a half ago.

The wheels of progress have suddenly come grinding to a halt.

Or he's using the friendlies (which is what the nations league is though better than what they used to be...) to try things out and make tweaks before it really matters?

Actually I can't really say, I don't bother really watching England unless there is literally nothing else on.