England in the Euros.

OP
Mickypne

Mickypne

Advisor to the Owner
It actually would be fantastic to see her present that trophy to England.
I'm sure so many people around the world would love to see this but in reality it will be some randomer in a suit who has a uefa badge. Just shows how out of touch uefa and fifa are out with their fans . I'm sure Italians think similar, I'm sure they'd love someone important in their nation to lift it for them

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
I watched it too - most striking thing I noticed, not a single flag of St. George to be seen.

All Union Jacks.
By the way, can somebody remind me where the Kenneth Wolstenholme commentary was broadcast in 66? I was waiting for it yesterday but it never came. Was it on a different channel? or did he do the radio commentary?

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
As a 9 year old I watched PNE in the FA Cup final. A couple of years later I watched PNE destroy Cardiff City, a matter of weeks later the now 11 year old watched England win the World cup. This childs destiny as a footy supporter was built on that.

Its been shite ever since until today.

OP
Mickypne

Mickypne

Advisor to the Owner
I'm gutted for saka there. He's had a great tournament and he's so young and had the balls to stand up and take a pen. My only moan tonight was that we started so well then with 70 minutes to go, we tried to cling on. Poor game management imo.