PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

England in the Euros.

Can't see a Euro thread so thought it be worth one when I saw this.

We have so much potential for this tournament that I do feel we have a chance. However , there's 1 man for me who will ruin the dream, and that's the Manager himself. He will play Rice and Henderson as a 2 CDM play Sterling as oppose to Foden or Rashford even though he's hardly played, Mount will also be benched for the CDM 2. Probably play Mings who imo isn't that great.

Rookie pick. I think we should take the lad from Palace, Eze? Bags of talent and could make an impression.

So what are people thinking?
Personally I think we have the squad for it, just not the Management.

Henderson wonts play as he won’t be fit.

Mount will start - pretty much starts every game under Southgate. If I remember rightly it was England fans kicking off because he started mount over grealish. Where are these fans now.

Sterling is better than Rashford. Foden should start and probably will.

Southgate has had one tournament to impress and he took us further than any manager since 1990. Yes we lost to the good sides but the tournament before we lost to Iceland so anything is better than that.

We have beaten Spain (first team to beat them at their place in a competitive fixtures in over ten years), Croatia and Belgium in the nations league too.

Henderson wonts play as he won’t be fit.

Mount will start - pretty much starts every game under Southgate. If I remember rightly it was England fans kicking off because he started mount over grealish. Where are these fans now.

Sterling is better than Rashford. Foden should start and probably will.

Southgate has had one tournament to impress and he took us further than any manager since 1990. Yes we lost to the good sides but the tournament before we lost to Iceland so anything is better than that.

We have beaten Spain (first team to beat them at their place in a competitive fixtures in over ten years), Croatia and Belgium in the nations league too.

Fair summary John. Iceland was a real low. Forgot about Grealish , I'd hate to chose the side but Jesus, cam we be more positive Gareth.

It's the games like Spain and Germany I fear he will get it wrong. Not going to say France because I'd say they have the edge over us tbh. I'd make them favourites.

Not sure about the Nations league. I feel if we played them in the Euro or WC under GS we will lose.

El Tel wants a word.

If you consider being beaten twice by Belgium and once by Croatia as acceptable then that's fine.

We made a semi final which is more than any other England manager has achieved since 1990 in the World Cup. Sven with the ‘golden generation’ only managed a quarter final. Dress it up how ever you want - this is true.

As for the two Belgium games. We played most of our reserve players in both- both meaningless for me. Let’s be honest - no one gives a shit about the third place play off. I couldn’t tell you one team in a World Cup who finished third.

We made a semi final which is more than any other England manager has achieved since 1990 in the World Cup. Sven with the ‘golden generation’ only managed a quarter final. Dress it up how ever you want - this is true.

As for the two Belgium games. We played most of our reserve players in both- both meaningless for me. Let’s be honest - no one gives a shit about the third place play off. I couldn’t tell you one team in a World Cup who finished third.

I stated the facts. It appears you're the one dressing it up.

Fair summary John. Iceland was a real low. Forgot about Grealish , I'd hate to chose the side but Jesus, cam we be more positive Gareth.

It's the games like Spain and Germany I fear he will get it wrong. Not going to say France because I'd say they have the edge over us tbh. I'd make them favourites.

Not sure about the Nations league. I feel if we played them in the Euro or WC under GS we will lose.

Fair comments. I just think Southgate gets harsh criticism when he’s only managed us in one tournament. Sven with the ‘golden generation’ didn’t get as much yet he only managed a quarter final and used up the last World Cup spot for a striker with Theo fucking Walcott who hadn’t played a minute of prem football.

I stated the facts. It appears you're the one dressing it up.

Yes the facts are that he has achieved more than the previous England managers since 1990. Sven with one of the worlds best squad at the time only managed a quarter final.

Fair comments. I just think Southgate gets harsh criticism when he’s only managed us in one tournament. Sven with the ‘golden generation’ didn’t get as much yet he only managed a quarter final and used up the last World Cup spot for a striker with Theo fucking Walcott who hadn’t played a minute of prem football.
Funny enough I think Sven and Gareth are very similar. I'm scared of a repeat because the squad Gareth will have will as good as that one In South Korea. Imagine if this team had Ferdinand and Campbell as 2 CB

Yes the facts are that he has achieved more than the previous England managers since 1990. Sven with one of the worlds best squad at the time only managed a quarter final.

We beat Sweden, Panama and Tunisia.

We drew against Colombia, who were missing their best player. Won on pens.

We lost against Belgium and Croatia.

We beat Sweden, Panama and Tunisia.

We drew against Colombia, who were missing their best player. Won on pens.

We lost against Belgium and Croatia.

We made the world cup semi finals

2014 - group stage
2010 - last 16
2006 - quarter finals
2002 - quarter finals
1998 - last 16
1994 - did not qualify
1990 - semi finals

Doesn’t matter who we lost to he still achieved more than any manager in a World Cup since 1990.