PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

England in the Euros.

The world would be a better place without social media. Ban it all. Can't believe England have to come out with statements because of arseholes. Good to see the massive majority getting behind saka and Rasford last night. We need to remember these nobheads are a small minority amplified by social media.

The world would be a better place without social media. Ban it all. Can't believe England have to come out with statements because of arseholes. Good to see the massive majority getting behind saka and Rasford last night. We need to remember these nobheads are a small minority amplified by social media.

The trouble is it is too easy for these fucking idiots to hide behind a phone or a computer and get their racist opinions out to masses of people without any consequences.

The social media firms need to be held accountable for how easy they are making it for them, if someone posts a racist comment on social media they should be dealt with the same way they would be if they shouted it directly at one of the players in public in earshot of the Police. That punishment should be severe as well.

I'm confident every single one of the squad will receive a great reception at grounds up and down the country this season as fans return and so they should do. None of the three lads missed on purpose.

Back to the football, we should have beaten that Italy side in the 90 minutes but we didn't and as a group I am confident they will learn from it. I already can't wait for the World Cup and I've never felt like that before, I usually dread the major tournaments!

Utter poison, this makes me so angry. How people vote for these urchins is beyond me.

Why are you so angry? The bloke is paid millions you would expect him to be able to take a decent penalty, although I must admit to pick out a 4" diameter post with that accuracy was impressive. It's just a pity that he was supposed to pick out the yawning 5 yard gap between the said post and an Italian bloke lying on the floor.

Why are you so angry? The bloke is paid millions you would expect him to be able to take a decent penalty, although I must admit to pick out a 4" diameter post with that accuracy was impressive. It's just a pity that he was supposed to pick out the yawning 5 yard gap between the said post and an Italian bloke lying on the floor.
Completely missed the point.

I'm angry at these arrogant MPs deciding that only they can play politics and other people should stick to other things.

They work for us apparently. You wouldn't fucking think it.

Can't believe people still think like this.

'they get paid millions so they should be able to score penalties'

Do you expect penalty shootouts to last forever? 😆

Can't believe people still think like this.

'they get paid millions so they should be able to score penalties'

Do you expect penalty shootouts to last forever? 😆

Tell me then, how should people think?

Of all the skills footballers have I should have thought taking a penalty was one of the simplest, pressure not withstanding.

Place ball on spot. Walk back and think of a place to hit it.

Run up and kick ball as hard as one can into the goal.

Interestingly the two players who tried to be 'clever' both missed.

I expect penalty shootouts to last until the opposition misses, i.e. we keep scoring until they have a penalty saved.

Of all the skills footballers have I should have thought taking a penalty was one of the simplest, pressure not withstanding.

I expect penalty shootouts to last until the opposition misses, i.e. we keep scoring until they have a penalty saved.

If only it was that simple.

These lads stepped up in front of a crowd of 70k people with millions watching on TV, facing possibly the best keeper in the world right now who's absolutely massive. I bet it could make it look almost impossible to score even though it wasn't.

If they were capable of hitting every penalty in to the top corner at pace like Maguire did they would do. Another day that Maguire pen goes into the middle tier. Cut them some slack.

Right, but you basically said 'they're paid millions so they should be able to bury a penalty' implying that because they're paid a fortune, they should always bury them.

It's simplistic bollocks.

Right, but you basically said 'they're paid millions so they should be able to bury a penalty' implying that because they're paid a fortune, they should always bury them.

It's simplistic bollocks.

I'm sorry but a 40% success rate just isn't good enough. I think Pickford could reasonably expect to be on the winning side having saved 2 penalties. I suppose a bigger question is, just how did Southgate arrive at those 5 penalty takers? Two had been on the pitch a matter of minutes, one for 15 minutes or so and they were pretty much the least experienced members of the squad.

The penalties were a massive error of judgement from Southgate but much better players than those three have missed high profile penalties under pressure. Roberto Baggio for example.

You can't sit on the sidelines and comment on how easy it should be, history doesn't support it.

I'm sorry but a 40% success rate just isn't good enough. I think Pickford could reasonably expect to be on the winning side having saved 2 penalties. I suppose a bigger question is, just how did Southgate arrive at those 5 penalty takers? Two had been on the pitch a matter of minutes, one for 15 minutes or so and they were pretty much the least experienced members of the squad.

The penalty takers were chosen before the match hence why the two lads who came on were on for the sole reason they were going to take a penalty. He made an error choosing saka as the fifth taker. The responsibility shouldn’t have been on his shoulders.

He didn’t just decide the penalty takers on the night. They were picked before hand.

The penalties were a massive error of judgement from Southgate but much better players than those three have missed high profile penalties under pressure. Roberto Baggio for example.

You can't sit on the sidelines and comment on how easy it should be, history doesn't support it.
I only ever took one penalty. Not only did it clear the crossbar but it was still rising as it cleared the 12' chain-link fence surrounding the pitch! ;)

Kylian Mbappe

View attachment 4150
Message to all England supporters whether you’re watching at Wembley or elsewhere.

BE MORE LIKE BELLE AND LESS LIKE A BELL END.👍⚽️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Unfortunately this didn’t happen and the Bell Ends prevailed leading up to the game and then even worse the racist bell ends after the game.
The giant platforms have to act with the racist keyboard cowards and build in traceable addresses that can be handed over to the Police.
With regards to the other behaviour it has to be lifetime bans for anyone convicted of violent behaviour at England games or leading up to a game. We’ve had a cracking month of football that will now be remembered for the wrong reasons.

I was fortunate enough to take my two sons to the final on Sunday night.

Football aside, the police, stewards and security were completely overwhelmed by the sheer numbers around Wembley hours before kickoff, and completely lost control.

We watched on as hundreds just stormed the turnstiles, and jumped through them with ticket holders two at a time.

I won’t use that to spoil what was otherwise a great occasion, but the security around the stadium needs to be seriously reconsidered, if and when we put on another major tournament.