PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

England Squad to donate prize money to the NHS.

A great thing for them to do, and I'm not having a pop at all, just noting that's just over a week and a half's wages for Kane as an example (if 9.6m was split equally between the squad it would be just over 369K each). I'm guessing he's one of the higher paid squad members at about 200k per week so obviously it would be more in weeks' wages to some of the others.

Good on them!

That's a lot of money, could be used for numerous operations, neonatal care, medicine you name it.

Footballers are grossly overpaid, but, I'd like to think they know that, and as a result would imagine most footballers help with numerous good causes.

It's a fantastic gesture, don't get me wrong, but I personally don't give to the NHS. The main reason is that it feels as though charitable donations let the government off the hook somewhat for their continual reduction in NHS finance. Care homes have a very low profile compared to the NHS and are often forgotten so I tend to give to them. Their staff work long hours usually on less than the minimum wage because of time spent on call. They often sleep over in the home just incase they're needed and they don't get paid at all unless they are needed.

At the beginning of the pandemic, we were asked to clap for the NHS, no mention of other carers.

It's a fantastic gesture, don't get me wrong, but I personally don't give to the NHS. The main reason is that it feels as though charitable donations let the government off the hook somewhat for their continual reduction in NHS finance. Care homes have a very low profile compared to the NHS and are often forgotten so I tend to give to them. Their staff work long hours usually on less than the minimum wage because of time spent on call. They often sleep over in the home just incase they're needed and they don't get paid at all unless they are needed.

At the beginning of the pandemic, we were asked to clap for the NHS, no mention of other carers.
The NHS charities are there to aid the NHS, they arent a part of the NHS.

A great thing for them to do, and I'm not having a pop at all, just noting that's just over a week and a half's wages for Kane as an example (if 9.6m was split equally between the squad it would be just over 369K each). I'm guessing he's one of the higher paid squad members at about 200k per week so obviously it would be more in weeks' wages to some of the others.
Well they do give almost half their wages to the state already in taxes.